gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:45:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Single mixes not on official releases?  (Read 2019 times)
maccafan076
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »

Is there a list of single mixes that have never been officially released?
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:58:19 AM »

All I know is a mono 45 RPM mix of Susie Cincinnatti.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »

COMMENT to maccafano76:  I believe you will find what you are looking for here:
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs_recorded_by_the_Beach_Boys
~swd
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »

There is a 45 Mix of Rock and Roll Music I believe... Don't forget Barbie (Living Doll) from Brian that only came with a summertime Barbie doll! 
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »

If you mean abandoned single mixes, I can't think of anything but "single mix" of Johnny B. Goode (from Concert) on a copyright comp Keep an Eye on Summer.

If you mean mixes found nowhere else but on singles, I can provide a list according to a reference book I have:

Cuddle Up (B-side to You Need a Mess of Help to Stand Alone) - more prominent lead vocals compared to the version on the original LP
Susie Cincinatti (B-side to Add Some Music to Your Day, as well as Child of Winter) - exhaust note sound effect at the beginning
Hey Little Tomboy (B-side to Peggy Sue, US issue) - fadeout is 14 seconds longer.
Here Comes the Night (12-inch single) - has a longer intro but clocks in ten seconds earlier than the album ver.
Livin' with a Heartache (single edit, US issue) - clocks in at 3:05, making it a minute shorter.
Rock 'n' Roll To The Rescue - 12-inch single has a "Beach Party Mix" that's three minutes longer. Also, there is a us-exclusive 12-inch single including "Parcadella Mix" with pretty much only vocals and percussions, and instrumental version
Lady Liberty (B-side to California Dreamin') - Lady Lynda with different lyrics, with Carl on lead vocal partially. Also found on CD single of Still Cruisin'.
Wipe Out - There are a 12-inch single including "Wave 1 Version", a version with DJ scratching, and "Wave 2 Version", a house mix.
Don't Worry Baby (w/ The Everly Brothers) - different from the mix of Everly Brothers album Some Hearts, with more prominent harmony by The Beach Boys.
Kokomo (Spanish Ver, B-side to California Dreamin' reissue) - With Spanish Lyrics, and has Brian on chorus.
Somewhere Near Japan (CD single promo mix) - With drum intro, and vocals are more prominent
Problem Child
a) Cassette Single  - w/ instrumental version
b) promo CD single (RCA/2672-2RDJ) - without children chorus
Forever (w/ John Stamos, CD single) - has two additional mixes - AC mix (the one on Summer in Paradise uk Ver.), CHR Mix
Fun, Fun, Fun (w/ The Status Quo) - has a extended fade version which is a minute longer
Friends (B-side to Don't Fight the Sea vinyl single by Al Jardine) - an a capella mix
That's Why God Made The Radio - a instrumental mix
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:00:50 PM by Watamushi(Polly Poller) » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 11:09:03 PM »

There is also a version of Cease To Exist that cuts out the intro and just goes abruptly into the first verse.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
maccafan076
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »

Thanks. This is the info I was looking for.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx