gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:42:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell freezing over in Chattanooga on November 16?!  (Read 2383 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »

https://www.eventticketscenter.com/blog/mike-love-announces-new-album-and-beach-boys-holiday-tour/582/b

Cut and pasting the relevant text then checking my calendar to find why April 1 is happening in the fall. As for why Dave’s not named, maybe he’s got court stuff from the domestic disturbance arrest. The fact that he’s not listed is something that makes me think my calendar is going to say Sept 21. Btw this went up yesterday.

Beach Boys front man Mike Love is ready to ring in the holiday season, announcing the release of an all-new Christmas album, and plans for a Beach Boys holiday tour!

The 22-date trek gets underway November 16 with a show in Chattanooga, TN before taking the gang to a slew of cities across the US including Boston, Baltimore, Ann Arbor, Charlotte, and Salt Lake City. A final performance in Denver, CO will wrap things up on December 30.

The tour will feature Mike, Brian, Al, and Bruce playing a mix of holiday classics as well as some original songs from Love’s upcoming Christmas album, Reason For The Season. The album will include the Beach Boys’ “Oh Come All Ye Faithful” and “Little St. Nick” off their iconic album The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album.

Released in December 1964, The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album is regarded as one of the finest holiday albums of the rock era, spawning several hit singles including “The Man With All The Toys,” which peaked at the number six spot on the US Billboard Christmas chart.

“Music is something that always brought my family together, especially around Christmas time,” Love said of the upcoming album. “What is so special about this collection of songs is that they both harken back to the wonder of childhood and family, but also feel very relevant and exciting for a new season of listening. It’s such a joy to create this music with my actual family and my family of collaborators, Sam, Steve, Michael Lloyd, Scott, and Hanson. We’re looking forward to being part of the soundtrack of many holiday seasons to come.”

Reason For The Season is due out on October 26.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:36:27 PM by rn57 » Logged
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »

Rollingstone.com’s  post today about Mike’s album and the Xmas tour makes no reference at all to Brian and Al being on the tour and the quote from Mike in it seems to be the same as the quote used at the above link. So we’ve got two possibilities. The text I quoted is a hoax - that is, someone took the real press release and added the words about Brian and Al touring, or it’s real and the Rolling Stone reporter failed to understand the significance of what he was reading.
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »

Doing more checking - Billboard did an item today about this which is phrased as if it were derived from the same press release the Rolling Stone writer had, and nothing is said about Brian and Al. So I have to assume Candice Blundo who wrote the Event Tickets Center thing just spun that off the top of her head. Oh well, back to getting dinner ready
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing Candice made a bit of a Blundo.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 06:20:19 PM »

O Come All Ye Faithful isn't on the Christmas album .  What a disastrous press release. 
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:28:39 AM »

It's the Mike and Bruce tour. The official press release is up on Mike's site:
https://mikelove.com/news/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:29:20 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx