gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:57:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vocals on "god only knows" stereo end  (Read 1091 times)
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2018, 01:23:32 AM »

What do you think of the vocals at the end of the stereo version of GOK? I don't think they are the same that on the original version; I think Carl's vocal is too "sweet", on the stereo one, and strangely that Brian's attack on the verse is really more aggressive than on the song I used to listen too. What do you think?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:09:05 AM »

On the tag of the original mono version, it's Brian singing two parts and Bruce singing one, but one of Brian's vocals (the first one) was wiped from the multi-track at some point, so they had to use Carl's voice for that part on the stereo mix, and the first line he sings is way too soft (I think they might have fixed that for the Royal Philharmonic version by pasting in one of Carl's "stronger" lines). Not sure what you mean by Brian's attack in the verse - it's Carl who sings the verses. Unless you mean the bridge, which is sung by Bruce, Carl, and Brian (in that order). If you're referring to Brian's part there (which sounds like a part Mike would normally sing), if the attack seems different, it could be due to differences in limiter or compressor settings.
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 06:06:46 AM »

No, I wanted to say, after the "too sweet" Carls' voice, when Brian sings and repeat "GOK what I'd be..." for me, this time it is LESS sweet than the original; too "aggressive", or "Dynamic", I don't exactly find the word. For Carl's part, it's too sweet, and for Brian's one, it's not enough. Now, I always listen "pet sounds", in Stereo (I Listen with a headphone, so stereo is better for me), but The end of GOK ... I don't like it everytime I listen to it. Because I listened the original mono version so many times, and every detail is in my head...Brian's voice, is not the good one in the end. For, me, it's nearly as he sings a "rock'n roll version, :-)) of it!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:10:22 AM by mustomax » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx