gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:31:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just wanna know.........  (Read 6110 times)
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:49:30 AM »

........who is playing Dennis Wilson in the new Quetin Taritino movie now being made.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:26:08 AM »

........who is playing Dennis Wilson in the new Quetin Taritino movie now being made.

Hi Dave. I see the name James Marsden has been mooted on Reddit but there's nothing official yet...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »

Eckhart still has the best "DW" chin in show-biz, but is obviously too old for late '60s Dennis. Too bad "The Drummer" never got made.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 05:48:21 AM »

Say what? Is this for real?!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 06:43:54 AM »

Tarantino's working on a Manson movie.
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:33 AM »

Whoa! First i've heard of it.

Google took me to this article from March. New Zealand actor James Trevena-Brown
https://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/kiwi-actor-to-star-as-beach-boy/

"Hunky New Zealand actor James Trevena-Brown  built on his success in the Auckland-filmed The Shannara Chronicles and moved to Hollywood to chase his dreams in 2016. Now his surfer-boy looks have landed him a role playing one of the legendary Beach Boys in the upcoming Charles Manson biopic, Charlie Says.

Trevena-Brown, 31, is set to play Beach Boy Dennis Wilson..."
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 08:03:12 AM »

Eckhart still has the best "DW" chin in show-biz, but is obviously too old for late '60s Dennis. Too bad "The Drummer" never got made.

I agree. I thought that movie woulda been great. And though I don't think Vera Farmiga really *looks* like Christine McVie, I think she woulda worked really well as her. She has her kinda vibe, in my opinion.

Plus I'm sure a "Drummer" soundtrack woulda gotten us some more Dennis material. And with that I have to say that it's ridiculous that it's been ten years since the re-release of Pacific Ocean Blue, yet there hasn't been a Denny compilation issued since. He has too much great material for it to languish in the vault.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 08:49:29 AM »

Tarantino's new film, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood", isn't going to be a Manson movie per se... rather it is my understanding that the murders kind of provide a backdrop to the story.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »

Get ready for the fake beards and horrible wigs.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 03:56:21 PM »

Tarantino's new film, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood", isn't going to be a Manson movie per se... rather it is my understanding that the murders kind of provide a backdrop to the story.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

I've also read that Sharon Tate's sister was initially opposed to it (as she was to the NBC David Duchovny series "Zodiac"), as she felt it would exploit the murders. But, after meeting with Tarantino and actress Margot Robbie (skedded to play Sharon), she now believes it will be done honorably and respectfully...which is cool. However, knowing Tarantino's track record, I'd be surprised if it wasn't ultra-violent.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

Uh no.

That's not how Quentin T. rolls.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »

Scene setup in this clip shows they are really going for the correct look. I do think ‘Dennis’ will be little more than a bit player in the movie, but still worth seeing.

https://youtu.be/N9V4ZGrvkzw
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 05:14:24 PM »

Scene setup in this clip shows they are really going for the correct look. I do think ‘Dennis’ will be little more than a bit player in the movie, but still worth seeing.

https://youtu.be/N9V4ZGrvkzw
That's pretty cool. Recently I wondered if they could use actual footage of some city taken in the 60's or 70's or whatever era they want to set a movie in, and superimpose the actors into the footage using computer graphics? The video that gave me the idea was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zk0eyKzp1c
It's such good quality footage it made me think you could use it (and I think it's public domain) and make a movie set in London in 1967, and simply superimpose the actors over that background.
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »

Maybe Kenny Wormald again
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »

Whoa! First i've heard of it.

Google took me to this article from March. New Zealand actor James Trevena-Brown
https://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/kiwi-actor-to-star-as-beach-boy/

"Hunky New Zealand actor James Trevena-Brown  built on his success in the Auckland-filmed The Shannara Chronicles and moved to Hollywood to chase his dreams in 2016. Now his surfer-boy looks have landed him a role playing one of the legendary Beach Boys in the upcoming Charles Manson biopic, Charlie Says.

Trevena-Brown, 31, is set to play Beach Boy Dennis Wilson..."

Looks like some confusion. JTB plays Dennis in another biopic being released this year. ‘Charlie Says’

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1759744/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2018/09/02/charlie-says-review-matt-smith-miscast-charles-manson-innovative/

The men on the camp’s fringes prove more interesting, particularly Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson (James Trevena-Brown), shown happily indulging in the free love made available to him at the ranch – by Manson decree, of course – without troubling himself as to why the girls might be offering it. As for the murders themselves, they occur largely off-camera, although Leslie’s involvement is shown graphically, and has a nasty, self-destructive charge which you can’t help but wish the rest of Charlie Says had more thoroughly unpicked.

The wiki page for next years QT movie doesn’t mention a Dennis Wilson character.

Edit: So the movie ‘Charlie Says’ is for TV and the actor playing Manson is Matt Smith from The Crown. He is 6 feet tall and Charles Manson was 5 2. Doesn’t bode well does it?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:41:42 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 09:46:14 PM »

I'm just hoping that QT shot the Spahn Ranch scenes with BR before he died, which was today, RIP. I always liked him.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »

Reports say he read it but shooting the scenes were down for the end of September. So that’s a no.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 10:27:48 AM »

Tarantino's crew is rebuilding Spahn ranch on the old Corriganville Movie Ranch site in Simi Valley, which is actually about 4 miles from the actual Spahn site:

http://iversonmovieranch.blogspot.com/
MsBecca
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »

Uh no.

That's not how Quentin T. rolls.

Anybody ever wonder how Love and Mercy would have turned out if Tarantino had directed it?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 09:46:37 PM »

Brian would have used the brim of the fire hat to cut into Mike's throat.  Grin "Love and fucking Mercy, motherfucker!".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:47:08 PM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 10:27:32 PM »

Post of the month, so far.............
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 11:07:54 PM »

Brian would have used the brim of the fire hat to cut into Mike's throat.  Grin "Love and fucking Mercy, motherfucker!".

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 11:22:38 PM »

Brian would have used the brim of the fire hat to cut into Mike's throat.  Grin "Love and fucking Mercy, motherfucker!".

LOL

He would've shown Love no mercy.
(that's terrible..... Wink)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 11:24:39 PM »

Now that is the post of the month.  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 12:18:20 AM »

LOL x 2

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx