gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:28:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: How do you rate the entire Brian Wilson discography?
1 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
3 - 2 (15.4%)
4 - 9 (69.2%)
5 - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss & Rate Brian Wilson Songs Day by Day  (Read 95488 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »

It's catchy, laughably hilarious sheep/goat sound fx. Then there's Brian's upbeat "ba ba ba"s.  4.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2018, 05:05:02 AM »

Your ratings for Country Feelin':
1-1 vote
2-0 vote
3-4 votes
4-4 votes
5-0 vote
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2018, 05:06:08 AM »

Today's song is Hotter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXzyCaaq91k
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2018, 03:33:05 AM »

Your ratings for Hotter:
1-1 vote
2-2 votes
3-2 votes
4-1 vote
5-0 vote
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2018, 03:34:23 AM »

*I Just Wasn't Made for These Times:
Meant for You
This Whole World
Caroline, No
Let the Wind Blow
Love and Mercy
Do It Again
The Warmth of the Sun
Wonderful
Still I Dream of It
Melt Away
'Til I Die

[Non-album tracks]
Sweets For My Sweet
This Could Be the Night
This Song Wants to Sleep with You Tonight
Some Sweet Day
Proud Mary
Chain Reaction of Love
Marketplace
I'm Broke
Slightly American Music
My Mary Anne
Must Be A Miracle
It's Not Easy Being Me
Fantasy Is Reality/Belles of Madness
In My Moondreams
Everything I Need
Goin' Home
Frankie Avalon
Elbow '63
God Did It
What Rock and Roll Can Do
Dancin' The Night Away
What A Wonderful World
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »

Today's song is Meant for You:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfCIa1T4kio
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2018, 04:28:44 AM »

5. To my ears, it's cool. Which isn't to say Friends track or MIC track (which is basically the same, there's little difference) would be 3 or 4. I judge songs individually, not by compare. Brian's version is well arranged, it fits the melody somehow. Cool subtly groovy backing vocs too.

Edit: It would be better if voters in this thread - Zargo, clack, bridencar, STE, JK, B.E., Gettin Hungry et al - reviewed the songs as well. I'm interested to see what Smiley Smilers think about songs. After all, it says 1st "Discuss" in the thread subject.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:36:30 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »

Your ratings for Meant for You:
1-0 vote
2-1 vote
3-0 vote
4-3 votes
5-4 votes
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2018, 01:21:44 AM »

Today's song is This Whole World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_ZE_7PyCQ
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2018, 05:39:17 AM »

I haven't really given this album its due before. It's great lineup of songs, and Brian's performances are pretty strong throughout. His latter-day voice sounds pretty good. He sounds like Dennis to me on "This Whole World." I gave it a 5.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2018, 04:34:19 AM »

Your ratings for This Whole World:
1-0 vote
2-1 vote
3-0 vote
4-3 votes
5-4 votes
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2018, 04:36:07 AM »

Today's song is Caroline, No.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »

Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! If only it could have gone on a teensey bit longer...but really, perfect. 

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
John Brode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »

Not that big a fan of this arrangement, but the song is so good it transcends this minor flaw. 5
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2018, 02:22:15 AM »

Your ratings for Caroline, No:
1-0 vote
2-0 vote
3-0 vote
4-3 votes
5-4 votes
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 02:23:18 AM »

Today's song is Let The Wind Blow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aalPt0MTCE
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2018, 06:18:13 AM »

Hello. I'm back. :D I didn't like it in the BBs album but listening to Brian's singing is cool. 5.
Request to Watamushi's duty as PS moderator: Can you discuss in private with people at PS to not use mean rude label "LDS" (love derangement syndrome, at times they even use collective "the deranged", it's like "mentally deranged") directed at anybody not liking sth. by Mike? It should be freely allowed to criticize things by Mike without name-calling. Strangely, nobody seemed to raise the eye brow when people used it, as if it's fine thing to say & it's encouraged to say it. When instead it should be dealt with & be forbidden. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Funny that poster "You Kane You Commanded You Conquered" didn't chime in here. They read this thread & even replied to you, Watamushi, about adding Paley sessions. It's poster "Dick Rising" at PS, moderator too. They should've said sth., not kept silence about this highly serious issue. Sth. tells me that, if it was super respected poster, you both would reply quickly to this reasonable request. Which isn't fair. Anyway, talk with mods, discuss it in private at PS. Again, thanks in advance to any reply that the above request will get - either you, Watamushi, will reply &/ or You Kane.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:22:50 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2018, 07:09:01 PM »

Request to Watamushi's duty as PS moderator: Can you discuss in private with people at PS to not use mean rude label "LDS" (love derangement syndrome, at times they even use collective "the deranged", it's like "mentally deranged") directed at anybody not liking sth. by Mike? It should be freely allowed to criticize things by Mike without name-calling. Strangely, nobody seemed to raise the eye brow when people used it, as if it's fine thing to say & it's encouraged to say it. When instead it should be dealt with & be forbidden. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Funny that poster "You Kane You Commanded You Conquered" didn't chime in here. They read this thread & even replied to you, Watamushi, about adding Paley sessions. It's poster "Dick Rising" at PS, moderator too. They should've said sth., not kept silence about this highly serious issue. Sth. tells me that, if it was super respected poster, you both would reply quickly to this reasonable request. Which isn't fair. Anyway, talk with mods, discuss it in private at PS. Again, thanks in advance to any reply that the above request will get - either you, Watamushi, will reply &/ or You Kane.
Sorry to be late for replying to you - we have discussed this, and we do not consider the term not particularly malicious. On PSF, as long as people follow "no confrontational posting/personal attacks" board rule, people are allowed to criticize Mike, and likewise, allowed to criticize the excessive criticism on Mike.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »

Ssssoo...you mean this dictionary definition to "derangement"

The state of being mentally ill and unable to think or act in a controlled way.
...doesn't look like offense to you? As I said, there's even phrase "mentally deranged". Some folks even use collective "The Deranged". It's somehow considered OK to the mod team at PS? Complete with "syndrome"? Really?

Then, you said "allowed to critisize excessive criticism of Mike". Which I'm sure you know can be done without name-calling, right? Or it it OK with the mods too?
Can anybody answer these questions as I don't fathom it AT ALL.

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »

Ssssoo...you mean this dictionary definition to "derangement"

The state of being mentally ill and unable to think or act in a controlled way.
...doesn't look like offense to you? As I said, there's even phrase "mentally deranged". Some folks even use collective "The Deranged". It's somehow considered OK to the mod team at PS? Complete with "syndrome"? Really?

Then, you said "allowed to critisize excessive criticism of Mike". Which I'm sure you know can be done without name-calling, right? Or it it OK with the mods too?
Can anybody answer these questions as I don't fathom it AT ALL.
Well, we aren't going to change things on PSF just because of what you, who are not the member of the forum to our knowledge, are saying here.

At this point, although we do not "encourage" people to use that particular term (and personally speaking, I don't like when people relate certain opinion to mental illness jokingly and I myself never say such thing, but that's just my notion, and I can't enforce that notion on everyone else), we consider nothing is over the line and need to be dealt with. In case someone goes over the line, we have dealt, and will deal with them immediately and appropriately.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:11:50 PM by Watamushi(Polly Poller) » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »

You misread things I said. I'm really not sure where you see anything about changing rules. I simply said deal with it. It's simple request. I mentioned it to you 1) knowing that you're mod at PS & the main reason 2) posters who use the term refer to posters here. & I took exception to that. Since I'm member in the said "here", I requested that mods at PS discuss it in private. But fine, I'm not PS member & that's what matters more than PS posters calling Smiley members "The Deranged". I'm Smiley member too, you know. I despise LBWL, few Mike vocals where he gets esp. nasal, new DIA with some chap, some original UTL tracks. Feel free to add me to "The Deranged" group & say again "nothing is over the line".
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:34:58 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »

You misread things I said. I'm really not sure where you see anything about changing rules. I simply said deal with it. It's simple request. I mentioned it to you 1) knowing that you're mod at PS & the main reason 2) posters who use the term refer to posters here. & I took exception to that. Since I'm member in the said "here", I requested that mods at PS discuss it in private. But fine, I'm not PS member & that's what matters more than PS posters calling Smiley members "The Deranged". I'm Smiley member too, you know. I despise LBWL, few Mike vocals where he gets esp. nasal, new DIA with some chap, some original UTL tracks. Feel free to add me to "The Deranged" group & say again "nothing is over the line".
I looked into the posts which use that term, and they are about those who overly bash Mike, not about Smiley Smile members in general.  We allow no bashing at any other forum, including this forum, and we tell people to stop when people are at it, but this is not that case.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2018, 04:39:54 AM »

Your ratings for Let the Wind Blow:
1-0 vote
2-0 vote
3-1 vote
4-2 votes
5-4 votes
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate