gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:11:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mod Hippie (feat. David Marks) single out  (Read 1791 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2018, 04:23:23 AM »

Mod Hippie's new single is just out, with a new video, from their forthcoming album WANNABE NOBODY, their 3rd. As per their last album, the new one features David Marks on the bulk of the tracks. D.J. Bonebrake of X plays drums and Teresa Cowles (Carole Kaye in "Love and Mercy") plays bass and sings backing vocals. Doug McGuire is the band's frontman. Adam Marsland (me) produced.

"And Everyone The Fashion (So Sorry)" mashes up punk, power pop, surf and Arabic influences for a sharp 3 1/2 minute attack. That's David Marks on the bumblebee-like manic lead guitar break.

The album's available for pre-order at www.karmafrog.com/store.html

Check it out, all:
https://youtu.be/fYICGiebwpw
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 02:56:53 AM »

Sounds (and looks) good, Adam. I'll link it in the David Marks topic at my other forum. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »

I like his T-shirt. 'Drums and Wires' is one of my favorites. Maybe the aging rocker doesn't need so much of his face in the video though.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:40:10 PM »

I like his T-shirt. 'Drums and Wires' is one of my favorites. Maybe the aging rocker doesn't need so much of his face in the video though.

Funny you say that...the video was originally 100% girl and 0% aging rocker using just this line of thinking.  Women viewers protested however, and so we changed it.   It's been educational to see how peoples' reactions to the video vary according to their background.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »

Awesome, thanks for sharing Adam.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx