gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:41:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bedroom Tapes  (Read 2486 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2018, 07:24:33 AM »

I put this fantasy album together.  Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/T5Ct2tqC704

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »

Thanks for making this. Awesome.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 08:38:27 PM »

Thanks for making this. Awesome.

You're welcome! I have thought something official like this would be a great release.  But not sure if Brian or the other Beach Boys would want to glorify that period of his life like that.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
TopCat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 12:56:08 AM »

Wonderful - this is really good. The sequencing and mix/edits used deserve to be heard on repeat play. Just love it!

Check out the "Teardrops On My Bed" section and try not to smile. Also "… I can't remember. I can't remember." Headphones recommended.

We have some really talented folk on this site.  Thank you.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:47:26 AM »

This is amazing.  Grin The fairy tale "theme" playing underneath Brian talking about "My Solution" was a particularly great touch. I've always thought of that music as very innocent and "childlike", and that's also a very good way to describe Brian's more "experimental" side, which is probably best evidenced in "My Solution". What an ingenious and effective moment.  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »

Wonderful - this is really good. The sequencing and mix/edits used deserve to be heard on repeat play. Just love it!

Check out the "Teardrops On My Bed" section and try not to smile. Also "… I can't remember. I can't remember." Headphones recommended.

We have some really talented folk on this site.  Thank you.

Thank you! Some nice accidents that worked well. I just wanted to include interviews from those years that fit the idea he was not doing anything.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 07:17:23 PM »

This is amazing.  Grin The fairy tale "theme" playing underneath Brian talking about "My Solution" was a particularly great touch. I've always thought of that music as very innocent and "childlike", and that's also a very good way to describe Brian's more "experimental" side, which is probably best evidenced in "My Solution". What an ingenious and effective moment.  Smiley

Thank you! My Solution is charming. I hope it gets an official release.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx