gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:59:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Robin Leach (Mike Love on Lifestyles on the Rich & Famous)  (Read 1905 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2018, 03:44:28 PM »

RIP Robin Leach (1941-2018)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-leach-dead-lifestyles-rich-famous-host-dies-1137244

How many famous musicians were featured on the Lifestyles show? Was Mike an anomaly or more of a regular, normal guest? I was never a regular viewer. I wonder if Mike contacted Robin, or if Robin contacted Mike. How did this famous appearance of Mike's come about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxD7hAybLk
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:46:09 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »

I don't want to click on the interview if it's the one with Mike in the hot tub.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 08:12:20 PM »

RIP Robin Leach (1941-2018)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-leach-dead-lifestyles-rich-famous-host-dies-1137244

How many famous musicians were featured on the Lifestyles show? Was Mike an anomaly or more of a regular, normal guest? I was never a regular viewer. I wonder if Mike contacted Robin, or if Robin contacted Mike. How did this famous appearance of Mike's come about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxD7hAybLk

Famous appearance? How about infamous appearance. Just sayin'.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »

The YouTube clip isn’t the late Robin Leach’s only connection to the guys.

From 1966 until 1968 Leach was the editor and publisher of a weekly magazine called Go. It had the same size and newsprint as a tabloid newspaper and came out every week, free of charge and ad-supported. I think each issue had 16 pages. 12 of these were the same across the country. The four pages in the middle were assembled by each radio station that circulated the magazine in local markets. I think I’ve read there were 30 or 35 of these; WMCA distributed the magazine
in the NYC area for instance.

Leach apparently used the KRLA Beat mag in LA as his model though he certainly would have had NME and Melody Maker in his native land in mind. Go filled the gap between the teen magazines and the industry mags like Cash Box and Billboard; when it began Rolling Stone was a year in the future and Crawdaddy was still being mimeographed, I think.

Brian did at least one interview with Go in 1966; it’s quoted in Dominic Priore’s first book on Smile. There may have been other articles in Go about him and the BBs but despite the fact that close to a hundred issues of the magazine were published and probably close to a hundred thousand copies were circulated per week, it’s pretty scarce now - though usually ebay has five or six copies being offered.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »

Mike's Hawaiian property looks like it was pretty spectacular. Was the pond with waterfall actually on his estate or someplace close by?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:25:04 PM »

I don't want to click on the interview if it's the one with Mike in the hot tub.

Don't blame you in the least. One of the most pathetic, conceited examples of self aggrandizement that exists. A poster boy for self centeredness who has absolutely no control over the ego that consumes his entire being. Money aside, it is amazing that anyone in their right mind would want to be anywhere near or associated with this self absorbed abysmal clown. Evil

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx