gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
648572 Posts in 25942 Topics by 3701 Members - Latest Member: Little E. Honda July 18, 2019, 12:33:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mark Doyle's instrumental rendition of "Still I Dream Of It"  (Read 99 times)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: Yesterday at 02:59:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PN9vi1ruEI

A wonderful guitarist with a long resumé in rock, often compared with Jeff Beck when he first came up in the 70s, Mark Doyle has made a series of instrumental CDs over the past years that showcase his range as a guitarist and a wide-ranging fan of virtually all musical genres. Among the instrumental CDs are several in a series entitled GUITAR NOIR, all extremely enjoyable collections. His love of Brian Wilson is intense enough that he's placed several of BW's compositions that don't give off the stereotypical "noir vibe" into the song sequences, possibly as a reprieve from the darker sounds that are more associated with the genre. A highlight on his first GUITAR NOIR (from 1999) was a lovely version of "The Warmth of the Sun," and on GUITAR NOIR 2: IN DREAMS, he followed up with "Still I Dream Of It," a very beautiful, often crystalline take on a song whose killer melodies and chord changes aren't quite so breathtakingly prominent on Brian's original demo.

Hope you enjoy--be sure to check out more of Mark's other tracks available from these CDs on YouTube. I had the great pleasure of being in touch with Mark for a number of years and he's a nice a guy as he is a great musician--still rockin' at age 69. Would be fun to put him into the mix of that elusive BW "rock'n'roll album"...
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:49:51 PM »

Sorry, Don, but this, unfortunately, sounds nothing more than "muzak" and does not do anything to embellish or add Christmas lights to the existing original song.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:36:32 PM »

A different take on the song, OK by me! I dig it.

MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:14:42 AM »

Very nice
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx