gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:43:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Recording of "It's OK"  (Read 15097 times)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:06 AM »

has this been discussed?  If so, I missed it.  Just heard it this morning on the BB channel.  Mike Love and...Hanson.  Sounds about like you would expect it to.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »

I haven't heard it yet. Wonder if it's somewhere on the internet
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »

Sounds about like you would expect it to.
You mean... it's OK?

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »

Sounds about like you would expect it to.
You mean... it's OK?

Hmm, slightly less than It's Ok

Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »

You'd think that being a fan of the BBs would bleed over into respecting Hanson more.... but that often isn't the case.... there are a lot of similarities.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »

What about re-recording "Rockin' the Man in the Boat" with Peter Andre?
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »

You'd think that being a fan of the BBs would bleed over into respecting Hanson more.... but that often isn't the case.... there are a lot of similarities.

Yep there are similarities, 3 brothers doing well crafted up lifting pop songs.
Released a cover of Little St Nick on their Christmas album , also regularly include God Only Knows in their set list
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:36:12 AM »

Released a cover of Little St Nick on their Christmas album , also regularly include God Only Knows in their set list
And of course Hanson rhymes with Manson.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:55:42 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 01:37:48 PM »

People still think of them as being that MMMBop band (never mind that song, self written I might add, is over 20 years old and was written longer than that even) and would be like people thinking of Luau when discussing the Beach Boys.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

And if course Hanson rhymes with Manson.

LOL
nach0king
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Heard it on Sirius today and thought I'd somehow forgotten about it from Unleash The Love.

It's no improvement on the original and it's very, very heavily produced. If you like It's OK, you won't hate it. But when the original is out there, why bother?
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »

People still think of them as being that MMMBop band (never mind that song, self written I might add, is over 20 years old and was written longer than that even) and would be like people thinking of Luau when discussing the Beach Boys.
If Luau had beef deeply burned into our minds and souls from constant radio play and saturation video exposure and it hadn't been a cover, then yes, exactly the same. Sorry, not sure why but the combination of Mike Love and Hanson really brings out my cynical side.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »

Why, Mike, why?

Can you stop remaking old hits with other people? Why does this need to exist? Who would be dumb enough to fund such a project?

Computer Smash!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »

Is his next recording going to be a version of Good Timin' with Britney Spears? Keep bringing those 90's pop acts back, Mike. But next time, I wanna hear you sing one of THEIR hits. "Hit Me Baby One More Time...cause it's a love thing!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »

If Luau had beef deeply burned into our minds and souls from constant radio play and saturation video exposure and it hadn't been a cover, then yes, exactly the same. Sorry, not sure why but the combination of Mike Love and Hanson really brings out my cynical side.

True. Also never said it was a song I particularly liked that much, but am bit biased as Taylor’s a great guy from the times we and my wife talked with him some years ago. I did like the music they did during the period after their fame.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 02:14:14 AM »

Is his next recording going to be a version of Good Timin' with Britney Spears? Keep bringing those 90's pop acts back, Mike

That's what I thought as well. Why does he constantly seem to live in the 80s/90s? His commercial ideas seem to not go any further than those plastic teleshop plans of the 90s. And his choice of guest artists is just about the same. Does he really think anybody cares for a collaboration of him and Hanson? I just don't understand. It's like he is stuck in his 1990s mid-life crisis.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 02:31:46 AM »

Hanson covered Little Saint Nick

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6_5NxQIRo
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 05:45:04 AM »

Is this a recent collaboration? I’m surprised Mike didn’t mention it on his Facebook page or twitter.
So
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 05:59:53 AM »

I heard it on Sirius around dinner time. Nothing special. Typical Mike Love cover of a Beach Boys song. Stick to the original significantly better than this
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 06:14:11 AM »

Heard it on Sirius today and thought I'd somehow forgotten about it from Unleash The Love.

It's no improvement on the original and it's very, very heavily produced. If you like It's OK, you won't hate it. But when the original is out there, why bother?

It's not on Unleash the Love. What the hell is it from actually? I have no knowledge of this ever existing.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »

Is this a recent collaboration? I’m surprised Mike didn’t mention it on his Facebook page or twitter.
So
Mike introduced it yesterday on Sirius by saying it was a “brand new recording of It’s OK”

NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »

I wish it was somewhere on the internet so I could hear what all the fuss was about!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »

So, I was a longtime fan of Hanson...not for any teen idol reasons, but because I thought they were a good band. And they were. It's just that they sort of plateaued at a certain point where you'd hope, given their potential as kids and teens, they'd sort of get into more innovative stuff. Also because they always insisted that they were not a pop act or a boy band, but a rock band. And they were. But while they've made several albums of enjoyable pop-rock, they always, always play it safe. They're quite conservative and religious, so perhaps that has something to do with it? I don't know. But just so you all know, the oldest brother is pushing 40, and they have many kids among them. So they're not teenagers anymore. Mmmbop came out 21 years ago.

Speaking of playing it safe...Mike Love. Again with the rehash of an old song? Couldn't they at least have recorded something new?

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 07:03:03 PM »

I Googled this and I dont' see anything about it on the Internet.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 07:06:33 AM »

I Googled this and I dont' see anything about it on the Internet.

Yeah, really odd that SiriusXM dropped a seemingly "new", previously unheard/previously unreleased, solo track without any fanfare, and did it only days before the channel ended.

I mean, I'm glad they didn't drop like some rare BB outtake from the 70s we've never heard; I'm not exactly losing sleep over not having all the gory details on a Mike Love/Hanson collaboration on "It's OK."

But this certainly signifies they could have used the channel for more interesting/rare stuff (and could have promoted such airings on the channel, and in turn the airings would help to promote upcoming releases).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx