gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:23:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian-Then He Kissed Me-Spector  (Read 1389 times)
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2018, 10:11:47 AM »

Has Brian made any comments on 'Then He Kissed Me'? I know when it comes to his obsession with Spector, Be My Baby gets most of the ink, in terms of his love for Phil.

When I hear Side 1 of Today, I hear a lot of 'Then He Kissed Me', especially that opening riff. Good to My Baby, Don't Hurt My Little Sister ( apparently offered to Spector?) Dance, Dance, Dance. I hear the THKM influence. And of course, it shows up on Summer Days as Then I kissed Her.

I was curious if Brian ever discussed the song, specifically.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:24:03 AM by Juice Brohnston » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:27:44 PM »

This isn't much to add, but I have a vague recollection that when Al started doing the song with Brian at their shows together in 2006/2007, it was at the behest of Brian more than Al (and of course Brian had been doing it himself in the previous few years). It may have even been Al that mentioned in some interview that it was Brian's idea for Al to do the song. Al hadn't been doing that one at his post-1998 solo shows.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:59:39 AM »

This isn't much to add, but I have a vague recollection that when Al started doing the song with Brian at their shows together in 2006/2007, it was at the behest of Brian more than Al (and of course Brian had been doing it himself in the previous few years). It may have even been Al that mentioned in some interview that it was Brian's idea for Al to do the song. Al hadn't been doing that one at his post-1998 solo shows.

Interesting. You would think Al would have had that one on his set list in regular rotation.
Just watched a YouTube clip of one of the C50 shows. Nice job by Al. Mike yells 'Keep if clean with Al Jardine' after, lol.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »

Let's face it - BBs version with Al vocal is definitive. Crystals sing in dull way.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx