gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 04:00:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enjoy  (Read 1897 times)
Smilin Ed H
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:47:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRC4SlQxKc
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 04:05:35 PM »

Thank you for sharing this...I never even READ about that performance/video, much less seen it.

Did you ever notice that in the 1960's, the kids and background dancers danced to ANYTHING, no matter what the beat. There were even kids clapping to "Guess I'm Dumb", which never struck me as a clap along-type song.

I've read in a few Beach Boys' books that Glen Campbell never really "looked" like a Beach Boys, but I think differently. In many pictures and videos I've seen of Glen Campbell through the years, I see a big resemblance to Brian Wilson. Unfortunately, he also shared some of the Beach Boys' vices.

I think Glen could've fit in with the Beach Boys - if he wanted to. Could you imagine if Al would've moved to bass, and Glen Campbell and Carl would've shared guitar parts? And think what he could've added vocally. When you look at some of countryish songs that the Beach Boys played in the early/mid 70's, Glen would've fit in nicely. Of course, then we never would've had those great Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell songs...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:29:30 PM »

I think Glen could've fit in with the Beach Boys - if he wanted to. Could you imagine if Al would've moved to bass, and Glen Campbell and Carl would've shared guitar parts? And think what he could've added vocally. When you look at some of countryish songs that the Beach Boys played in the early/mid 70's, Glen would've fit in nicely. Of course, then we never would've had those great Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell songs...

I'd like to know what Al and Glenn could have written together, since both were/are into Country/Folk.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 01:16:46 AM »

The again, Glen and Dennis were both into booze, so things may've imploded a lot earlier...
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:15:16 AM »

I guess BW independent productions did get promoted back in the day, at least this one.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jardine Power!
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it clean with Al Jardine.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »

What a great song. Thanks for posting this.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx