gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:57:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 8028 times)
MsBecca
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:23:14 AM »

First off I tried do this in the welcome thread but it will not let post there for some reason?

On a different tip

Thank you to whomever finally approved my account I have been trying to register for almost a year but here I am! I am a member at the other board but I am taking a break for a bit.

About me:  I am 35 been a fan for about 15 years but only recently became a diehard. I actually heard bootleg recordings like My Solution and a different version of Til I Die before I got into the rest of the catalog. I am not too knowledgeable about some of the behind the scenes type stuff which is ok because I do not really care, just dig the tunes 🤩. I mean that too please do not message me gossip about stuff i has to block this old man who seemed kind of stalkerish at the other place. I just want to chill and talk about stuff like how Sirius made me enjoy the older stuff more and how banging Heads you Win Tails I Lose is 😁

Anyway sorry this is in the wrong place moderators do not hurt me please 🤪 if you can explain why it would not let me post in the welcome thread plz let me know too. I promise it was not intentional-the button is missing!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:12 AM »

Welcome!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

Welcome to the board... I’ll move it over. Not sure why it won’t let you post everywhere.  I’ll follow up with you via pm.

Interesting choice on Heads you win and how you liked bootlegs first.  That’s rather atypical but I myself have a different story of how I got into the band as well .

Again, welcome to the board, and if you run into any “old man stalkers “ let a mod know immediately. If it’s who I’m thinking of, then you have nothing to worry about here.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »

I mean that too please do not message me gossip about stuff i has to block this old man who seemed kind of stalkerish at the other place.

Hey 'Becca. Fancy seeing you here! What a drag you were being pestered over at PSF. You're within your rights to report him, you know.

I'm one of that rare breed that has no quarrel with anyone and posts at both forums (KDS, Jay, Watamushi and the captain are the same).

Well--enjoy your stay! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:34:47 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »

Welcome 'Becca!
Yes, I'm another one of those who came to at least like a lot of those early Beach Boys songs that they are playing in Sirius. They sound great on the radio!

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:48:52 PM »

Hola Becca! I'd enjoyed your posting over at that other board and was hoping youd join over here, as I think some of the "facts" they were trying to push on you, were...shall I say, sketchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »

Welcome, Becca!! I may be old but I promise I'm no stalker. I've read and enjoyed your posts at the other place. Hope you enjoy your time here. Smiley

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MsBecca
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 10:57:59 PM »

Oh no please do not get the wrong idea. It was not like multiple spam things just a few unsolicited talk trash PMs. Said Stop they did then they did not. That is it and not why I am here. I just wanted an additional place to talk about my favorite band! I am going to be posting st both places. I was typing in the car (passenger , people!) and it may have come off wrong. There are some cool cats too.

There are reasons why I like what I like.my solution was the song that made me want to get into the band. That and the alternative til I die.

Heads has a killer groove that is why I dig it.  Favorite song on the first album after 409
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 06:39:00 AM »

There are reasons why I like what I like.my solution was the song that made me want to get into the band. That and the alternative til I die.

Have you heard the 1980 version of "My Solution"? Brian cut a backing track for it in 1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02sDTNUUpk

Ironically, even though the band had released "Shortenin' Bread" the previous year on 1979's "LA (Light Album)", Brian also cut *another* backing track for "Shortenin' Bread" around that same time in 1980.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »

Have you heard the 1980 version of "My Solution"? Brian cut a backing track for it in 1980:

Ironically, even though the band had released "Shortenin' Bread" the previous year on 1979's "LA (Light Album)", Brian also cut *another* backing track for "Shortenin' Bread" around that same time in 1980.

And interestingly, apparently both the tracks for the 1980 versions of both "My Solution" and "Shortenin' Bread" were apparently taped for inclusion on a song called "Song Within a Song" if I remember correctly. Perhaps c-man or somebody could clarify if I'm wrong?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »

Welcome!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »

MsBecca I figured out what the issue was. You have to have ten posts before you can post in this sub forum . Not sure how that happened.... it should be the other way around.

I’ll look into it.

As far as why it took so long to get your account approved. Your email address looked like a randomly generated address. My apologies.

Anyway glad to have you here.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MsBecca
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »

Wow that is pretty cool 😎 This may sound funny but I can hear somebody rapping over it... that groove is tight.

I am a giant Star Wars nerd which my new username might have given away. I used to get called that in school and it became my nickname well into adulthood.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:22:35 AM by ChewBecca » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »

I didn't see "Star Wars". The username didn't give away anything about it. I figured instead it means being chewing gum fan.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »

I didn’t get into Star Wars until I got married and I still knew who Chewbacca was! LOL

Question about your avatar... is that Ariel from the little Mermaid as a Jedi?

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »

The girl in ava' is ginger & it shows her tail bit at the start, below the belly button & uglified helper Flounder is beside the girl. Which means she MUST be Ariel.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »

Ahhh..I couldn't tell if that was flounder or a robotic drone LOL

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx