gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:36:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Marks Arrested  (Read 12533 times)
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »

Is it weird that I think it's kind of cool that David Marks got arrested? Like, The Beach Boys still have a little edge left.

(Glad to hear they're doing well, I mean this in a rock band mythology kind of way)

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

Is it weird that I think it's kind of cool that David Marks got arrested? Like, The Beach Boys still have a little edge left.

(Glad to hear they're doing well, I mean this in a rock band mythology kind of way)

Bring on the R&R album then. Expect Brian to chuck his wheelchair off a hotel balcony next.  Grin
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »

Can’t say I disagree
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 08:10:21 PM »

This story kind of reminds me of what happened with Paul Simon and Edie Brickell a couple of years back.  They called it a misunderstanding and even showed up in court together to refute the charges and they moved on.  I’m sure Dave and Carrie will be fine.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 08:40:06 PM »

This story kind of reminds me of what happened with Paul Simon and Edie Brickell a couple of years back.  They called it a misunderstanding and even showed up in court together to refute the charges and they moved on.  I’m sure Dave and Carrie will be fine.

Also, Donald Fagen and Libby Titus. Although she spoke of "divorcing my husband" to a reporter the next day, they worked it out and stayed together.
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 02:44:15 AM »

The UK's Daily Mail carried the story, too ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6002813/Longtime-Beach-Boys-guitarist-David-Marks-69-arrested-domestic-dispute-wife.html

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2018, 05:59:27 AM »

Credentials? There are no credentials. Being old isn't a credential, it's a biological misfortune.

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »

I like to hear what David has to say. Seems like a sincere, honest, straight up guy to me. And he has nowhere's near the bagggage with the rest of the guys that they all do with each other. That alone is a real plus...he seems to get along fine all of the camps, something none of the others can say.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »

Just thinking out loud here, does anyone else think the timing of this report hitting TMZ is a little odd?

The initial TMZ report even said this happened earlier this month, yet here it is a few days before the first time the original members (as in those who were in the Wilson music room in Hawthorne) are sitting down together publicly in 6 years even if it's to share bagels and danish and answer the same questions they did on Charlie Rose in 2012, and someone tips TMZ about an incident that happened earlier in July.

Hmm.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 07:09:11 AM »

I'm just glad that nobody's asked Mike Love to comment on the matter.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 08:22:58 AM »

I can just see it now....

"You know the Wilsons used all these drugs. My cousin Brian is controlled, Dennis was a horrible person who couldn't handle day-to-day living, and Carl fell off a stage in Australia because of his addictions. And now David Marks getting arrested after he got beat up by his wife...such a disgrace. No need to worry about us: Bruce and I are clean."
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »

I can just see it now....

"You know the Wilsons used all these drugs. My cousin Brian is controlled, Dennis was a horrible person who couldn't handle day-to-day living, and Carl fell off a stage in Australia because of his addictions. And now David Marks getting arrested after he got beat up by his wife...such a disgrace. No need to worry about us: Bruce and I are clean."

Forgot to add this:

"My meditation practices through TM help me control and deal with any anger issues..."

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »

"My biggest regret is that time David Marks was arrested"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »

We know him too well...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »

LOL
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 11:10:01 AM »

To his credit, I don't remember Mike saying anything about John Stamos being arrested a couple of years ago for driving under the influence (iirc)

Wink
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:10:45 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 11:13:51 AM »

“My buddy John Stamos was a little under the weather”...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »

...”He lived across the street from my cousins, so naturally I blame them.”
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:48:12 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »

Does anybody really give a sh*t what Marks would have to say in a Q&A. He hasn't been with the group since 1963. He was only brought back into the group because Carl died.

I’d imagine far more people give a sh*t about what Beach Boy David Marks has to say in a Q&A than do what some random poster—you, for instance—has to say on a Beach Boys message board.
Well let's see what my credentials are : first saw the BB's live in 1969, have met and spent a modest amount of time with all six Beach Boys, co-sponsored the first two Beach Boy conventions in the San Francisco Bay area, seen the original Beach Boys over forty times in concert and spent thousands of dollars regarding my obsession with Brian and the boys. So yeah , I'm a random poster but I think that my opinion matters and carries some weight. Oh, and I actually use my real name when I post.
And that gives  you a free pass to be a wanker?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »

He got arrested for lame reasons.  Not quite the "edge" you're looking for.  😑

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

I usually ignore the idiocy in comment sections, but when it involves the BBs I get really sensitive and come pretty close to taking the ignorance personally.
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 08:39:35 AM »

All seems well.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/beach-boys-david-marks-wife-together-smiling-arrested-domestic-dispute/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »

I forget how close David lives to Hollywood or how often he's hanging around in Hollywood proper, but that newer TMZ report would certainly suggest he's in town for the SiriusXM event. (Not that I assumed he wouldn't be there; I think a lot of people missed the part of TMZ's report that the incident occurred presumably a number of weeks ago).

It's a bit of a bummer, when you do a news search on the Beach Boys, it's a lot of reprints of the TMZ story about David (mixed in with the typical reports of Mike "coming to your town!" for a concert).

Hopefully that stuff will be drowned out with reports later today of the event; if it's anything like the Capitol tower event in 2006, there will be plenty of pics from the press floating around. I suppose it depends on whether SiriusXM allows cameras/phones, and whether they invite the press. One would think they would, as they're looking for publicity for all this stuff.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »

Love is an intense thing.

I don't know, man. I like to think my wife and I love each other intensely, but it's never landed either of us in jail. I get it-- it's none of my business. Just more unfortunate and unnecessary drama in the Beach Boys legacy.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 06:07:56 AM »

David's official statement:

https://www.davidleemarks.com/news/tmz-paparazzi-other-things
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx