gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:55:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone back together for a Beach Boys Q&A for Sirius XM?  (Read 180574 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »

What would make it worthwhile for me is for the get together to go well with no bad vibes, that they leave on good terms. That could possibly help heal a bit of the post C50 stuff.

What are the odds of that?
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2018, 12:02:16 PM »

What would make it worthwhile for me is for the get together to go well with no bad vibes, that they leave on good terms. That could possibly help heal a bit of the post C50 stuff.

I'm Catholic. I'll start praying to St Jude (patron saint of hopeless causes)  Grin

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2018, 12:19:04 PM »

I think they're fully capable of being nice with each other and for a joint event to go smoothly. They managed it in 2006, and that was when there was arguably more intense recent acrimony and lawsuits.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »

I'm Catholic. I'll start praying to St Jude (patron saint of hopeless causes)  Grin

I completely misread that as “ praying to Hey Jude” LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:35 PM »

Praying to me (or the song!) would indeed be a hopeless cause!  3D

I mean, I do what I can, but that mainly amounts to pontificating and telling the same stories over and over! And lately posting screenshots of the SiriusXM channel.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »

St. Heyjude! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »

And regarding Jerry Schilling, and this also plays back into previous discussions of what's going on with the archives and what *should* be put out, etc., let me point out what I can only presume many folks don't know:

It should be noted that Jerry Schilling being considered and voted in as BRI President were both due to several years worth of work behind the scenes by Howie Edelson.

It's early days still for Schilling's tenure at BRI, and already things are improving ("Sunshine Tomorrow", the two epic digital "Sunshine" follow-ups, Schilling getting these guys in the same room!).

Unlike C50 where the sort of inherent momentum of the anniversary seemed (at least in part) to move that project into focus, Schilling must have been key to get all five of these guys back together...those items are strong indicators that Schilling was a smart pick and he can move things in a direction that others in the past haven't. I'm glad Howie worked this behind the scenes.

Do we know how long he's been BRI president? Does this date back to September 2012?

I completely misread that as “ praying to Hey Jude” LOL

I was waiting for that joke; if not, I was going to make it myself.  Angry
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2018, 01:40:23 PM »

Hey, July has gotten better. We've gotten to the point of getting all five guys in the room, whereas it was this at the beginning of the month:

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2018, 01:49:04 PM »

Yeesh! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »

I think they're fully capable of being nice with each other and for a joint event to go smoothly.   

What might make this event go more smoothly is if all the band members shared an actual joint before the Q&A.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »

I think they're fully capable of being nice with each other and for a joint event to go smoothly.   

What might make this event go more smoothly is if all the band members shared an actual joint before the Q&A.

Well sh*t then maybe they can do a Smiley SMiLE song then lol

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »

She’s goin bald before a baffled audience... Cool Guy

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »

Hey, July has gotten better. We've gotten to the point of getting all five guys in the room, whereas it was this at the beginning of the month:

Otherwise known as Larry, Curley, and sta(moe).  LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 02:23:56 PM »

When's Bruce going to do a Q&A panel as part of a "Hot Doggers" reunion? THAT'S the big question.

Let's hope at least we don't have to hear Bruce go *on and on* about the individual credit scores of each "Wrecking Crew" member......

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »

I'm genuinely curious if Foskett will be anywhere near this....

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 02:25:30 PM »

Stamos didn't get the dress code memo. Not garish enough.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »

She’s goin bald before a baffled audience... Cool Guy

impromptu Woody Woodpecker Symphony jam.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »

Don't mean to be mean, but that's a rough pic of Mike. Maybe I take back the positive things I said about his handlebar 'stache. While Mike generally looks good for his age, in this pic he kinda reminds me of Dr. Jennings (actor Jeffrey Jones) in Howard the Duck.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »

A Beach Boys album Captain by Mike love? That would be horrific. Just look at his solo album which is terrible. I can't see this getting done anyway because I just don't see Brian and Mike working together again in a productive environment. Interview them and let it be.
Mike's album is pretty good; certainly not any worse than the stuff coming out under Brian's name in recent years.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »

A Beach Boys album Captain by Mike love? That would be horrific. Just look at his solo album which is terrible. I can't see this getting done anyway because I just don't see Brian and Mike working together again in a productive environment. Interview them and let it be.
Mike's album is pretty good; certainly not any worse than the stuff coming out under Brian's name in recent years.

That, in a word, is malarkey.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

NPP! Grin

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »

Don't mean to be mean, but that's a rough pic of Mike. Maybe I take back the positive things I said about his handlebar 'stache. While Mike generally looks good for his age, in this pic he kinda reminds me of Dr. Jennings (actor Jeffrey Jones) in Howard the Duck.

With all the facelifts and weekly botox procedures, he'd better look good. The handlebar getup makes him look like the guy on American Chopper which isn't flattering whatsoever.  Razz 

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »

Are you fair dinkum?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »

The good stuff on Mike’s album is pretty good . Problem is, the production is by far the worst on any Beach Boys related album ever released except possibly the C50 live album . The remake of Warmth of the Sun especially is horrific; Ambha Love has a nice voice, so why did in the hell did producer Michael Lloyd add so much pitch correction that Joe Thomas even shed a tear?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:29:16 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx