gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:01:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song About the Big Guy  (Read 2673 times)
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:05:08 PM »

Hi,
I've just released a new album that includes a song about Brian called "Rainbows and Rain." It pictures him off alone in a forest, and talks about the super-natural power at his fingertips when he's making music, and the effect that must have on his spirit and soul when he comes back down to "reality."
You can check it out at http://www.myspace.com/robbyberman
Enjoy,
Robby
P.S. It's...er...not like you can't hear his influence in my other songs, too.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »

...Incredible music, Robby. You 'get' it. You have captured the sound and style that the fans of the Boys would enjoy, and it sounds natural to you. not pretentious or contrived, but a true love of the music from the soul. I have 110 questions to ask you technically about your sound, which is superb, but I will wait until later to pick your brain. The harmonies come in at the most interesting times, and add drama to the music. 'omigoodness' is just as good musically as 'rainbows and rain' Actually, I enjoyed them all, and thank you for passing on your music to this page. I will share this with others who have a similar interest in the music from people who write, arrange, mix and produce their own compositions. It's a wonderful band, and wonderful backround singers you employ, and they work so cheap. How great is that?  Every song self-made and hand hewn in their own little studio is a mirror into the soul of the musician, and I wish you well with your new release...PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »

Hey, thanks for the kind comments; I'll pass them on to the band and singers.   Wink
I'm glad you checked it out. And feel free to pick away here or privately. I'm game.
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »

This is kinda- off-topic but interesting. The song about Brian I wrote mentions fireflies, and I just found an article about how they do what they do.
In case you're interested: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2OTc1OTk2
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx