gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:06:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Beach-Boys-Influenced Demos  (Read 2479 times)
willmansell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »

Hello all! Been a while since I posted anything on here.

So.. I got tired of the Evil God Perfectionism getting in the way of finishing any music so I just sat down and recorded two rough demos. No mixing or any of that jazz. I've been listening to a lot of late 60's and early 70's albums by the boys recently (man I can't get enough of 20/20!!!!!)

The lyrics are complete gibberish, but I thought there might be someone out there interested in having a listen!

It's quite a freeing feeling to just go through and finish whatever comes out of you regardless of how you like it. Makes me think of that BW quote: Follow through on your ideas. If you have an idea, don't go 50% of the way on it and then junk it. Go 100% and get it done. Follow through with what you start. That's a very good lesson in life. Sometimes you poop out halfway through, but not me - I go all the way through.

Might take to feeding myself burgers when I finish a song  police

https://soundcloud.com/willmansell/sets/demos

Will

"Commerce and art man, that's a tough thing"
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 07:12:01 AM »

I love the sound. I would say keep them exactly like this other than the final mixing. The harmonies sound great to me.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx