gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:21:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love/touring group Christmas album  (Read 27723 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »

1stly, many posters commented Christian sounds like Carl. To my ears, he doesn't.

I agree with you, Christian sounds like he's related to Carl, but he doesn't sound just like him. In fact, I'd go even further and say that Christian's sister Hayleigh sounds more like Carl, in terms of intonation and emotion. She is an excellent singer, in my book.

"Jingle Bell Rock" is best by Randy Travis, no contest.

Yes, ma'am -- I agree 100% with that assessment!

Only two more days before I can finally give the album a listen. I am patient.  Grin
Wow, you know Randy Travis? I didn't see anybody here mention him, thus figured he isn't famous country singer in the States. Really cool that smb. - you - appreciates this singer except I & especially his (best) version of the best Christmas classic to boot. Respect. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »

1stly, many posters commented Christian sounds like Carl. To my ears, he doesn't.

I agree with you, Christian sounds like he's related to Carl, but he doesn't sound just like him. In fact, I'd go even further and say that Christian's sister Hayleigh sounds more like Carl, in terms of intonation and emotion. She is an excellent singer, in my book.

"Jingle Bell Rock" is best by Randy Travis, no contest.

Yes, ma'am -- I agree 100% with that assessment!

Only two more days before I can finally give the album a listen. I am patient.  Grin
Wow, you know Randy Travis? I didn't see anybody here mention him, thus figured he isn't famous country singer in the States. Really cool that smb. - you - appreciates this singer except I & especially his (best) version of the best Christmas classic to boot. Respect. 3D

Randy Travis is quite famous in country circles I believe, isn't he? Not my cup of country, but definitely not a nobody in my mind.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2018, 08:09:01 PM »

Randy Travis is a legend in country music.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »

2posts below: Interesting. Looks like he isn't rare country name as I used to think till now.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »

Someone posted a video of Mike and his family singing Oh Holy Night on his Facebook page. Amber love sings the lead on this song. I don't think it's that good really she sounds more like she's yelling or screaming and doesn't really seem to have a nice tone to her vocals. Not terrible but just not pleasing to my ears.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »

Someone posted a video of Mike and his family singing Oh Holy Night on his Facebook page. Amber love sings the lead on this song. I don't think it's that good really she sounds more like she's yelling or screaming and doesn't really seem to have a nice tone to her vocals. Not terrible but just not pleasing to my ears.

Maybe she's copying Mike's awful and annoying habit of "bleating".   Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2018, 05:06:01 PM »

Agree. As I said, she's got voice which doesn't fit Christmas songs. Wish she quit singing them. Maybe today's r'n'b would be suitable. But, I wouldn't be fan anyway as I dislike her vocalizations, stylings or what do you call it.

NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2018, 05:43:56 AM »

Here's a new interview relating to the album...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzzJsimzAUU
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2018, 11:02:29 AM »

Heard a track playing from it today over a store's sound system.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »

Didn’t know where to post this.
While driving just now heard an announcement that Mike will be ‘spinning his favorite Christmas songs’ tomorrow on the Sirius/XM 60s channel . Don’t know any more. Assume his FB page will have more info

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »

"Maybe she's copying Mike's awful and annoying habit of "bleating"
Seriousely... tired of those automatics types of comments on Mike... by always the same persons... I love "The Beach Boys", and every one of them. With their qualities and their bad sides!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:35:39 AM by mustomax » Logged
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »

Here's an update -
Mike Love "plays his favorite holiday songs from the 60s and beyond, including a few tracks off his new Christmas album 'Reason for the Season'"

Sirius XM channel 6 (60s channel)
All times ET:
12/17 2-3 pm
12/20 8p.m.
12/22 10 a.m.
12/24 2p.m.
12/25 9 a.m.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »

@mustomax--- mostly, I agree with your sentiments...but cannot extend "the BB" to include Stamos nor Ambha L. IMO.
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2018, 05:06:06 AM »

@mustomax--- mostly, I agree with your sentiments...but cannot extend "the BB" to include Stamos nor Ambha L. IMO.

If you speak of the thing on TV. It was not as the BB but as "Mike love", for is xmas lp. (Wich is a family lp).  even Bruce stayed back this day. the band was here as an orchestra not as the BB... that's how I felt it...
 Then for Stamos... apart Mike and Bruce, no  one else is a Beach Boy in the band. So him or another... (even if it's clear that Scott and the others are here for their musical talent and not Stamos😊).
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2018, 05:15:56 AM »

Yes, fair comment, musto !!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2018, 06:30:50 AM »

Sure it's family album. But Ambhas, Hayleighs, Christians really ruined it. If smb. hates Ambha's voice, it must be respected by smb. who likes it.

mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »

Sure it's family album. But Ambhas, Hayleighs, Christians really ruined it. If smb. hates Ambha's voice, it must be respected by smb. who likes it.

Did I said I like her voice? You know what? I don't!  I only said that some people here think that hating Mike Love is hip! And showing their hate on every subject is hip. I don't think so. And I don't know what "respect" is doing here. I think we should RESPECT every member of our favorite group.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:40:52 AM by mustomax » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »

2mustomax: Did I say you like her voice? The poster you replied to about hating Mike commented about *Ambha*'s voice being bad ("bleating"). Maybe it could be said tactfully but the point is still similar to if the said poster said "she's nasal like Mike". If you read threads here & PS, even Mike's fans would say "in this song Mike sounds good, in that song it's at its nasal". I'm sure "bleating"/ "bleats" were used as well.
Some people may "hate" Mike but it's like what, 2-5 people in the ENTIRE board? Everybody else respects Mike/ each BB just fine. You know, you can respect him, yet be free to say sth. negative about, to stay in topic, this album. Reviewing isn't about just sunshiney positivity. Some like, some dislike etc. Each side should be listened & respected, dislikes not quickly be painted as "hating Mike". Anyhoo, the reply by me you quote did refer to you but at the same time, it's general statement.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx