gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:40:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love/touring group Christmas album  (Read 27720 times)
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »

I was at the Beach Boys show tonight in Interlochen, MI and recorded the end of the concert and have transcribed the following quote from Mike: “I want to say a special thanks to [inaudible] and Studio 231 for helping us out. We’re doing some work on a Christmas album coming out. So thank you very much for helping us out. So part of our Christmas album will be a result of being here in Michigan.”

Some new product to look forward to down the pipeline  Cheesy I presume this would have to be Mike Love solo, right?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

ugh
Willy Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga Hagga Hooga

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:39:48 PM »

ugh +1

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said, "Banana!"
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:57:38 AM »

Do It Again...With Bells On  Roll Eyes
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:11:13 AM »

Santa going to Kokomo to do it again! Double ugh!
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 04:09:15 AM »

Will this be based on re-writes of the Kokomo re-write Santa's Goin' to Kokomo?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:30:09 AM »

Having been exposed way too many times via the SiriusXM channel to tracks off "Unleash the Love", I can only hope any additional work Mike does in the studio does *not* involve Michael Lloyd in any way.

Mike's "original" circa 2004 "Unleash the Love" stuff was far from a masterpiece, but it's immensely less grating to listen to than his 2017 set helmed by Lloyd. Get a new producer, and leave out the autotune. That alone would make even the most tedious and unimaginative of future Mike "Christmas" album tracks much more palatable.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 06:52:50 AM »

It's quite apparent that myKe luHv doesn't get the clear message from the public. Based on his past releases(including SIP), no one cares nor wants anything to do with what this ego driven clown has to offer in the way of recorded efforts. I would also note that very few in the audience of the fake Beach Boys performance could give a sh*% as to whether or not he or the other goldbricker was on stage.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »

Thud  I'll give you 1 million guesses in regard to what I  DON'T  want for Xmas and the first 999,999 don't count.   Roll Eyes

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »

Am I the only one who is happy about this? I'd be happy to see ANY Beach Boy release new material. Usually there is at least one or two gems per album. That includes SIP and Unleash The Love. I really like Strange Things Happen, Lahaia Aloha, Crescent Moon and Cool Head Warm Heart. The album will probably not blow me away, but any new BB-related product will excite me. Just like the RPO album. Gems would be Disney Girls and Kokomo, in my opinion. I don't love the whole album, but I like parts. And I will always give new material a chance. I would take the RPO album over Stars And Stripes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:08:16 AM by NateRuvin » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »

It's quite apparent that myKe luHv doesn't get the clear message from the public. Based on his past releases(including SIP), no one cares nor wants anything to do with what this ego driven clown has to offer in the way of recorded efforts. I would also note that very few in the audience of the fake Beach Boys performance could give a sh*% as to whether or not he or the other goldbricker was on stage.
Trashcans in bulk for christmas? Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »

I was at the Beach Boys show tonight in Interlochen, MI and recorded the end of the concert and have transcribed the following quote from Mike: “I want to say a special thanks to [inaudible] and Studio 231 for helping us out. We’re doing some work on a Christmas album coming out. So thank you very much for helping us out. So part of our Christmas album will be a result of being here in Michigan.”

Some new product to look forward to down the pipeline  Cheesy I presume this would have to be Mike Love solo, right?

How was the show? I'm going to catch it later this week
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »

The show was great. I had only seen them perform once before a few years back but Mike seemed much more confident vocally than the previous show I saw/the 4th of July shows I’ve seen on TV. I swear he sounded 20 years younger. Vintage ’80s/’90s nasal glory in places. And all the band member features were great for the most part. Great energy too.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »

The show was great. I had only seen them perform once before a few years back but Mike seemed much more confident vocally than the previous show I saw/the 4th of July shows I’ve seen on TV. I swear he sounded 20 years younger. Vintage ’80s/’90s nasal glory in places. And all the band member features were great for the most part. Great energy too.

Drum Drumroll
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »

Wait, so now we are considering Mike's '80s and '90s vocals as his "glory"? From what I remember, a lot of us were happy by the early '00s when Mike finally started toning down the nasality and sounded much better vocally. And while we are at it, at least on Unleash The Love he sounded really rough on his classic leads, like "I Get Around" and such. Though I guess through all the autotune, he sounded good on "Fun Fun Fun" and despite the horrid surrounding production he sounded pretty great on "Do It Again".
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:02:38 PM by Jim V. » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 01:59:13 PM »

The 1980s leads were the nair of his career.... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 05:38:02 PM »

Having been exposed way too many times via the SiriusXM channel to tracks off "Unleash the Love", I can only hope any additional work Mike does in the studio does *not* involve Michael Lloyd in any way.

Mike's "original" circa 2004 "Unleash the Love" stuff was far from a masterpiece, but it's immensely less grating to listen to than his 2017 set helmed by Lloyd. Get a new producer, and leave out the autotune. That alone would make even the most tedious and unimaginative of future Mike "Christmas" album tracks much more palatable.

I don’t understand why Bruce doesn’t produce Mike.  He produced extensively in the 70s, LA Light Album is a great sounding album.

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »

In case anyone wanted to hear it from the horse’s mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DTayXDQ7B8 (Listening back, the “inaudible” name is clearly Andy.)

When Mike mentions Studio 231, I think he has to be referring to 231 Recordings. That’s the only studio in the area with “231” in the name.

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »

From 231 Recordings’ Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYwXzsHXu4/):

First thing that jumps out at me: Scott is mentioned as the producer!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:20:59 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »

From 231 Recordings’ Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYwXzsHXu4/):

First thing that jumps out at me: Scott is mentioned as the producer!

"Living music legend"HuhHuh?   Shrug Kool-Aid Man Angry Thud Whatever! LOL LOL LOL Huh

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »

Holy sh*t he looks old. Like...triple digits. Also...how could anyone be excited by this garbage?...
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »

Holy sh*t he looks old. Like...triple digits. Also...how could anyone be excited by this garbage?...
I kind of like mike embracing his age. The mustache looks good on him for a change, too.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 10:12:47 PM »

First thing I thought of

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 11:10:25 PM »

Now I'm picturing Mike in a leotard. Thanks a bunch.  Roll Eyes "HO HO HO"!

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 12:08:52 AM »

Gah I’m blind now lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx