gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:47:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: footage of Brian talking in the 1960s  (Read 3909 times)
wbarnes4393
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »

I have always tried to find whatever footage I can of Brian interviewing, or even just talking, from his height and prime in the 1960s.  There is precious little of it.  I love hearing his wit and talking quickly, before some of his issues he dealt with in the 1970s and beyond.  This is one of the reasons I actually like tracks like "Bull Session" on Today, or the silly "Our Favorite Recording Sessions" on All Summer Long.  In fact, there is an extended 30 minute version of "Bull Session" which I found on YouTube once, and WISH I had downloaded it.  It's gone, now.

Is there a good source for stuff like that? I am fairly sure I have seen everything that exists on YouTube, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
John Brode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »

I've always wondered this too. There's a bit from 1963-65, but after he stopped touring, I don't think I've seen any footage of him talking or singing until around 1976. Of course I've seen pictures of him, and there are interviews and some audio of him, but never any video.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »

I think a Beach Boys "Holy Grail" would be any unearthed filmed interview with Brian from around 1966, when he was arguably at the peak of his powers.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx