gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:33:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: songs written only by carl and dennis  (Read 1663 times)
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

The thread about the group's second-best songwriter got me thinking about the River Song, which I think is a straight-out-of-the-park gorgeous song, production, performance, etc... Knowing that it was co-written by Dennis and Carl, it made me wonder if there are any other songs written ONLY by the two of them. I can't think of any BB songs, don't think there's anything by the two of them on Carl's two solo records, and am not familiar enough with POB (I know...I'll get to it eventually!) to know if there were other songs co-written by just C and D.

If River Song is an example of what they could do together, is it ever too bad they didn't work on more stuff!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:04:10 AM by marcella27 » Logged
Bill30022
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

It is too bad, however, since they were both primarily composers who worked with lyricists they were not well matched. A more intriguing team would have been Dennis and Mike considering their collaboration on ‘Pacific Ocean Blues’ and ‘Only With You’.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:12:16 AM »

It is too bad, however, since they were both primarily composers who worked with lyricists they were not well matched. A more intriguing team would have been Dennis and Mike considering their collaboration on ‘Pacific Ocean Blues’ and ‘Only With You’.

...and "Sound Of Free".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 08:57:24 AM »

On the subject of Sound of Free, is it known who originally came up with the melody in SOF that was later used in River Song?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx