gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:41:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tricia  (Read 2982 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:28:38 PM »

I just heard this song from the Dumb Angel Vol.6 boot. Am I wrong or is this really another rewrite of "Sandy" , "Sherry she needs me", "She says that she needs me"?

EDIT: I guess it's from "First love". So did Mike write the lyrics?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 04:30:39 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:45:24 PM »

its also called little darlin'

you can here carl really good in the little darlin line. If it has any similarity with sandy than its a speed up version. Maybe AGD knows anything about this.

I look in the bibel written by brad elliot called surfs up. On page 294 it says:
TRICIA, an alternate version of LITTLE DARLIN', features slightly different lyrics. Its under the mike love solo lp's

thats al i can give you Rocker.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Alright, thanks. I am very curious if that's really Carl. he sounds a little like that, but it may be another guy.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »

There's a vague similarity in the melody at the beginning of the verse, but that's about it. It's a First Love[/b] outtake. Carl's very prominent on four of five tracks on that album. This is one of them.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

Thanks AGD. I think this song sounds great. Do you know who wrote it? Imo Brian deserves a co-credit since the parts you mentioned (including the bass-line) sound very much like "Sherry"

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

According to the BMI entry, Mike wrote it on his own.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »

Thank you. Besides my opinion regarding the credit, I really like this song very much...

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx