gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
633164 Posts in 25344 Topics by 3604 Members - Latest Member: Daniel_Nix June 17, 2018, 06:31:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Channel on Sirius XM  (Read 15330 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »

Not the best day for songs today. I must have heard Sail on Sailor, some of your love, and break away at least five times each throughout the day. Also Bruce Johnston talked about what a great song Forever was and what a great job Dennis did in writing it...... and then they played Disney girls! And Mike love talked about Carl Wilson and what a great vocal he did on God only knows.....and then they played Brian Wilson's vocal version of God Only Knows, not Carl's.  Strange day!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »

Only listened now and again during the afternoon but had to endure Take a Load Off Your Feet twice.
But they also played Our Sweet Love which helped make up for it a bit. :-)

Oh, and as I arrived back at home they played Night Bloomin Jasmine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:59:44 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"Someone...handed me a Leadbelly record with the song "Cottonfields" on it. And that record changed my life right then and there. Transported me into a world I'd never known." - Bob Dylan, Nobel Prize Speech.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2018, 07:15:13 PM »

I know it will be gone in a few months so theyíre probably not going to make any changes but if it comes back next summer, I would love to see a more structure on the channel.  Celebrity DJ sets, fan made playlists, maybe some full concerts from the archive.  Iíve really enjoyed the channel for what it is but there are so many more cool things they can do with it.

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2018, 07:57:41 PM »

I know it will be gone in a few months so theyíre probably not going to make any changes but if it comes back next summer, I would love to see a more structure on the channel.  Celebrity DJ sets, fan made playlists, maybe some full concerts from the archive.  Iíve really enjoyed the channel for what it is but there are so many more cool things they can do with it.

Full concerts would be awesome. I know the Margaritaville station often plays full Jimmy Buffett concerts one night a week - I think, Saturday?
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: Yesterday at 05:52:25 AM »

Would love to see the channel expanded in the mode of E Street Radio, or the Elvis channel; interviews, guest DJ's, theme segments, live unreleased concerts, etc..So much more they can do here if the channel stays full time. The music us great, especially the non classics for me.
♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Hey it's Furlock Holmes ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: Yesterday at 10:29:52 AM »

Not the best day for songs today. I must have heard Sail on Sailor, some of your love, and break away at least five times each throughout the day. Also Bruce Johnston talked about what a great song Forever was and what a great job Dennis did in writing it...... and then they played Disney girls! And Mike love talked about Carl Wilson and what a great vocal he did on God only knows.....and then they played Brian Wilson's vocal version of God Only Knows, not Carl's.  Strange day!

If you were referring to the version on the Pet Sounds Sessions boxed set... I thought it had come out that that was actually Carl not Brian

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: Yesterday at 11:34:51 AM »

If you were referring to the version on the Pet Sounds Sessions boxed set... I thought it had come out that that was actually Carl not Brian

Itís still credited to Brian on the 50th Anniversary set.

Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: Yesterday at 12:47:54 PM »

It clearly didn't sound like Carl to me and it had Brian's exact tones to it
♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Hey it's Furlock Holmes ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: Yesterday at 01:10:08 PM »

It clearly didn't sound like Carl to me and it had Brian's exact tones to it

Same here...glad that got cleared up. Where did the "Carl is actually singing" story come from?

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx