gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:58:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Carl's criminal prosecution for draft evasion cause SMiLE's cancelation?  (Read 8628 times)
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 05:05:33 AM »

Dublin. May 1967. Although this story said he missed the first show altogether.

https://brandnewretro.ie/2014/05/08/300-fans-demand-money-back-beach-boys-in-ireland-may-1967/

COMMENT to Pretty Funky:  Thanks for the read. The ends of both articles tell of Carl making it to the stage to finish the second show of the evening.

"Then a dishevelled, unshaven Carl completed his dramatic high speed 6000 mile dash from LA when his taxi pulled up at the stage door ... there followed an ecstatic welcome from the Beach boys and audience alike, and then the group straight away plunged into a show ... ."

~SWD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:08:03 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »

Thanks SWD. Despite reading about artists doing 2 (or more) shows a night, it is still something I struggle to get my head around. Different times and styles and shorter set lists to the concerts we experience today definitely.

I can’t remember who but several years ago we had an artist cancel due to weather then reschedule 2 shows the next evening. Kudos for 4 hours of gigs in one day.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »

Thanks SWD. Despite reading about artists doing 2 (or more) shows a night, it is still something I struggle to get my head around. Different times and styles and shorter set lists to the concerts we experience today definitely.

I can’t remember who but several years ago we had an artist cancel due to weather then reschedule 2 shows the next evening. Kudos for 4 hours of gigs in one day.

COMMENT:  F.Y.I.  We use to do three shows a day in three different cities. Used two sound crews and leapfrogged the sound systems. Each set for the Beach Boys was 1 1/2 hours. I've posted about it before.  ~swd
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx