gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:10:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mr. Desper  (Read 2808 times)
WestCoastSurf
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2018, 09:52:22 AM »

If I remember from other posts, today is your birthday. I know you and Brian were born within month's of each other. I remember reading from past posts that yours is the end of April. So, Happy Birthday to you. Thanks for all you post here and the study videos, so full of information. I don't think the Beach Boys of the seventies would have been the same without you there. Happy Dance
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »

If I remember from other posts, today is your birthday. I know you and Brian were born within month's of each other. I remember reading from past posts that yours is the end of April. So, Happy Birthday to you. Thanks for all you post here and the study videos, so full of information. I don't think the Beach Boys of the seventies would have been the same without you there. Happy Dance

Yes indeed, WCS. I did the honours earlier today across the road but I echo your sentiments here 100%. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »

Yes, indeed -- happy birthday to a great engineer! Sunflower rules!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »

Happy birthday, Stephen Desper! Thanks for all your work and bringing so much joy to the people on this board (myself included, obviously)!
Hope you'll have a great day & night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owLqmCnVmF4

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:18:01 PM »

Yes Stephen...if you can enjoy a healthy percentage of the great joy you've provided me with over all these years on your special day...and for all the days which follow...that would be my wish for you.  MANY happy returns of the day. Cool Guy  [and THANK you.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »

Happy bday, Stephen!!
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 07:56:30 PM »

Happy birthday Mr. Desper.  As another awesome band said, "thank you for the music!"
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »

Happy belated birthday!!
Til...I...@died
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »

Happy B day SD. Thanks for the great perspective you’ve given us over the years, and thanks for your contribution to The Beach Boys!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »

Thanks for letter us know the birthday!

Yes - happy birthday to Stephen - a great talent and a truly nice human being.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 07:02:05 AM »

COMMENT:  Thanks to you all for your birthday greetings and kind remarks. Cheesy
With good listening,
~Stephen W. Desper
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx