gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 02:39:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys EPs  (Read 3375 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:32:29 AM »

there arent too many, are there? i think there was one of All Summer Long songs: Hushabye, Little Honda, Wendy, and Don't Back Down (I think). and I purchased one from the UK which had Marcella/Sail On Sailor/Rock and Roll Music/Mona on it...are there any other EPs?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

Just the one US EP, maybe half-a-dozen in the UK. Elsewhere, many.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Paul Childs
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 07:51:21 AM »

I bought a second hand one in the early 70s, wish I kept it, it was called 'Surfing USA' . the tracks were; Surfing USA , Surfer Girl, Surfin' Safari,Shut Down.
L Ransford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:17:40 AM »

Don't forget the Sub Pop E.P.
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:10:46 AM »

I reckon I have all the UK eps except the 1st ( Surfin Usa)

The others are:
FUN FUN FUN (Fun fun fun,Why do falls fall in love,Little deuce coupe, in my room)
FOUR BY THE BEACH BOYS(wendy,hushabye,don'tbackdown, little honda)
BEACH BOYS CONCERT(Long tall texan,johnny b goode, papa oom mow mow +1other)
BEACH BOYS HITS(California girls, help me rhonda,Little Gir I once....,Barbara Ann)
GOD ONLY KNOWS (GOK,Wouldn't It Be Nice,Sloop, Here Today)

4 by the beach boys is a weird one. It's mono but it seems to be a fold down of the stereo because Don't Back Down is the shorter stereo version ( but in Mono)

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 10:28:52 AM »

one could count Mount Vernon & Fairway as an EP as well...

and then you had a couple of promotional mini-lp's (I think 3 tracks on each side)  that sell quite well these days when they pass by on Ebay...

For those who are interested: in the Netherlands only one EP (+ the Mt. Vernon EP) was released: WIBN/Don't Talk/GOK/I Know There's An Answer...difficult to find. The cover is actually the French print, the single itself is a Dutch pressing.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

Don't forget the Sub Pop E.P.

That one has just three songs, so I'd consider that a single...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 02:43:44 PM »

Could you go into a record store and buy it seperately from the album ?  Afro

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 09:06:47 PM »

I don't think you could buy it new, but I do think every pressing of Holland had it not just the first. Also today it's common to see it sold seperately.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 10:50:15 PM »

Could you go into a record store and buy it seperately from the album ?  Afro

well, it happens too often I find a Holland album without the EP...which means that there must be a lot of separately sold Mt Vernon EP's hanging around...and it's still an EP-release, whether separately sold or included with the Holland album

BTW: I know that in South Africa the Holland album was released without the EP. Are there more foreign releases where the EP was left out?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:47:01 PM by smile-holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:36:09 AM »

The rare 1990 vinyl (which I saw then but wasn't smart enough to know how rare it would be) issue has the EP on side 2.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:27:25 AM »

The rare 1990 vinyl (which I saw then but wasn't smart enough to know how rare it would be) issue has the EP on side 2.

yep, that's a nice one to have...never knew that until last year when I saw it at a friend of mine...and he definitely wants to keep it... Undecided ...but I have the 1990 Sunflower-vinyl-release from that same series  Razz

Paul Childs
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 06:40:10 AM »

The others are:
FUN FUN FUN (Fun fun fun,Why do falls fall in love,Little deuce coupe, in my room)
BEACH BOYS HITS(California girls, help me rhonda,Little Gir I once....,Barbara Ann)

4 by the beach boys is a weird one. It's mono but it seems to be a fold down of the stereo because Don't Back Down is the shorter stereo version ( but in Mono)

If I remember correctly the one other track on Beach Boys Concert is Little Old Lady From Passedina.
MBE
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 10:40:18 PM »

Its funny because most of the vinyl since the 80s is around for a few years before it becomes rare. They are limited but Summer In Paradice (which took me 13 years to find) and the 1990 CBS issues (which included Holland, M.I.U. with the alt cuts and P.O.B.) were hard to find from day one. Before the internet more then one Beach Boys expert laughed at me when I said I saw them. Nobody thought they were real!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:26 AM »

Its funny because most of the vinyl since the 80s is around for a few years before it becomes rare. They are limited but Summer In Paradice (which took me 13 years to find) and the 1990 CBS issues (which included Holland, M.I.U. with the alt cuts and P.O.B.) were hard to find from day one. Before the internet more then one Beach Boys expert laughed at me when I said I saw them. Nobody thought they were real!

Do I understand correctly that you say that SIP has a limited VINYL-release as well?  Shocked

MBE
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 12:57:06 AM »

Yes it was from Korea, email me and I will send you a pic of it. Good pressing, it does sound marginally warmer on vinyl.
edermike@msn.com
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

Yes it was from Korea, email me and I will send you a pic of it. Good pressing, it does sound marginally warmer on vinyl.
edermike@msn.com

And I thought it would be a heck of a job collecting just those 70-ies reissues...

I'm at work now, but I'll send you an email later today...

richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 02:39:34 AM »

The others are:

If I remember correctly the one other track on Beach Boys Concert is Little Old Lady From Passedina.

Yeh that's the one. Didn't have the record to hand.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx