gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:16:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian reunites with HS classmate Chris Montez  (Read 3692 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2018, 09:50:02 AM »

https://pleasekillme.com/chris-montez-brian-wilson-50-year-high-school-reunion/
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 11:52:59 AM »

Dennis, expert malt maker!!!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »

Thanks so much Amy B. - loved the article and shared it.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

Wow. A fascinating article with a special glimpse into Brian's teen time. Montez was a real surfer at Hawthorne High who became a professional musician, jammed with the Boys in their home, and his sister is Olivia Harrison! Love the conversation between to two old classmates. Thank you.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »

Wow. A fascinating article with a special glimpse into Brian's teen time. Montez was a real surfer at Hawthorne High who became a professional musician, jammed with the Boys in their home, and his sister is Olivia Harrison! Love the conversation between to two old classmates. Thank you.

Very cool. Thanks, Amy. "I know this chick!" LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 12:55:08 PM »

Chris Montez is not related to Olivia Harrison but they're both from Hawthorne high
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »

That was pretty cool. Like the idea of Brian talking with a high school buddy after some years. We often forget that our heroes are people first. The story of imitating the teacher was hilarious

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 01:05:26 PM »

BW had quite the HS! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 04:38:22 PM »

Chris Montez is not related to Olivia Harrison but they're both from Hawthorne high.

So the author was fibbing?
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »

Chris Montez is not related to Olivia Harrison but they're both from Hawthorne high.

So the author was fibbing?

Read it again-- Olivia was the sister of Ron Arias, who also went to Hawthorne High and knew Chris Montez.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »

Cool news! 3D Looks like Brian & Chris met around 2011 (plus minus few years), going by Mr. Kearns' timeline in the site & Brian's reply about when he'd last seen Chris. Not sure why it's been kept till this year, the doc isn't finished. Will check the video when it ends rolling, the Internet's slow.

song from somewhere out of the Sixties: opening notes on a xylophone, then handclaps, piano, and after the intro, this high, sweet, tentative tenor: “The more I see you
Xylo' is different, it's wooden "deaf" sound. He mixed it up with marimba. Listen to Modern Jazz Quartet's "Baden Baden" & Rolling Stones songs with marimba - it's the same instrument as the tune in question.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:32:06 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 12:59:14 AM »

What a lovely video. The ending, as well: Brian makes his patented swift exit, leaving Christ sitting and wondering. Lunchtime, bro!  Grin

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 01:32:04 AM »

Cool news! 3D Looks like Brian & Chris met around 2011 (plus minus few years), going by Mr. Kearns' timeline in the site & Brian's reply about when he'd last seen Chris. Not sure why it's been kept till this year, the doc isn't finished. Will check the video when it ends rolling, the Internet's slow.

song from somewhere out of the Sixties: opening notes on a xylophone, then handclaps, piano, and after the intro, this high, sweet, tentative tenor: “The more I see you
Xylo' is different, it's wooden "deaf" sound. He mixed it up with marimba. Listen to Modern Jazz Quartet's "Baden Baden" & Rolling Stones songs with marimba - it's the same instrument as the tune in question.

RR, I reckon it's a vibraphone with less vibrato than usual. But don't quote me on that. Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx