gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:56:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carnie Wilson on Osbournes podcast  (Read 3592 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2018, 04:51:20 AM »

Carnie Wilson was a guest on The Osbournes podcast (who knew they had a podcast?). I've only listened to about 8 minutes of it, but so far she's told stories about Stan Love and Jonah Wilson (her cousin--Carl's son--who apparently is the Osbournes' realtor). Scroll down to Episode 9.

http://www.theosbournespodcast.com/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:51:47 AM by Amy B. » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:53:48 AM »

^ thanx!

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:54:29 AM »

Carnie says Carl taught her to drive in his Rolls when she was 6. After a few of these stories, Ozzie, who hasn't said much, says, "What a great upbringing you've had."  LOL
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 04:55:55 AM »

lmao

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
KDS
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:21:08 AM »

Who hosts the podcast?   Is it just Ozzy and Sharon, or do Kelly or Jack make an appearance? 
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:08 AM »

Who hosts the podcast?   Is it just Ozzy and Sharon, or do Kelly or Jack make an appearance? 

It's all four of them. Jack seems to lead the discussion.
KDS
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 05:53:48 AM »

It's all four of them. Jack seems to lead the discussion.

That's a busy family right there.   Ozzy is about to start a three year long farewell tour (his fourth farewell tour if you include his two with Sabbath), Sharon and Kelly have their TV gids, and Ozzy and Jack have their own reality show as well on A&E. 
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 03:56:16 PM »

Transcribing a very bizarre quote from Carnie during this interview:

Sgt. Pepper’s came out and then dad said, ‘I need to beat this record.’ Those were his words. So he wrote Pet Sounds and that’s where ‘Good Vibrations,’ ‘God Only Knows’ came in, ‘Wouldn’t It Be Nice’ and ‘Don’t Worry Baby.’ And a really cute story is my dad would come home from the recording sessions of Pet Sounds and he would say to my mom, ‘I’m scared I’m not going to do as good as Sgt. Pepper. Mar, I don’t think I can do this as good.’ And she would say ‘Don’t worry baby, everything will be alright. Don’t worry baby.’ And then he wrote ‘Don’t Worry Baby.’”

Huh Huh Huh Inaccurate in several ways to say the least.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:01:31 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »

Sgt. Pepper’s came out and then dad said, ‘I need to beat this record.’ Those were his words. So he wrote Pet Sounds and that’s where ‘Good Vibrations,’ ‘God Only Knows’ came in, ‘Wouldn’t It Be Nice’ and ‘Don’t Worry Baby.’ And a really cute story is my dad would come home from the recording sessions of Pet Sounds and he would say to my mom, ‘I’m scared I’m not going to do as good as Sgt. Pepper. Mar, I don’t think I can do this as good.’ And she would say ‘Don’t worry baby, everything will be alright. Don’t worry baby.’ And then he wrote ‘Don’t Worry Baby.’”

And AGD was bitching about Janelle Monae not getting the In My Room story right.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Clinton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »

And AGD was bitching about Janelle Monae not getting the In My Room story right.

This is way worse considering Carnie is Brian's blood daughter. I'm sure she loves her father's music deeply but she is obviously a little lost with the timelines and stories behind them.

I doubt she has talked with Brian 1 on 1 about his music as it seems they have been disconnected with each other for most of their lives.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:05:10 PM »

I'm willing to overlook the timeline inaccuracies for the sake of her enthusiasm. The point she was making was more about Brian's competitiveness and also his insecurities. Maybe she's just one of the people who doesn't let facts get in the way of a good story.
If Mars had life on it...
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 06:22:28 AM »

Thanks for posting, I thoroughly enjoyed Carnie’s stories that only she could tell. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 07:19:41 AM »

There's ample evidence that actual principals involved (whether it be the Beatles, Beach Boys, etc.) often have ended up conflating their own memories with other authors/sources/articles, etc. and/or outright just use common stories found in common biographies rather than pull directly from their own memory.

I would imagine that's all Carnie is doing here. Replace "Pepper" with "Rubber Soul" and remove "Don't Worry Baby", and it's the classic "Brian made Pet Sounds to out-do Rubber Soul" story, which I'm sure comes to Carnie from a mixture of first-hand stories from her parents and also the common biographies/journalists/authors/articles that have been around all these years.

This doesn't even apply so much to Carnie particularly, but I've never understood why anybody actually involved in the BB world/orb needs to so strenuously essentially "name drop", whether it be the Beatles or John Stamos or anything in between, when the BBs accomplished more than enough on their own that their story doesn't need to be filtered through anybody, even the Beatles. Sure, there are times when a discussion of the Beatles and BBs is warranted of course.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 07:33:10 AM »

There's ample evidence that actual principals involved (whether it be the Beatles, Beach Boys, etc.) often have ended up conflating their own memories with other authors/sources/articles, etc. and/or outright just use common stories found in common biographies rather than pull directly from their own memory.

I would imagine that's all Carnie is doing here. Replace "Pepper" with "Rubber Soul" and remove "Don't Worry Baby", and it's the classic "Brian made Pet Sounds to out-do Rubber Soul" story, which I'm sure comes to Carnie from a mixture of first-hand stories from her parents and also the common biographies/journalists/authors/articles that have been around all these years.

This doesn't even apply so much to Carnie particularly, but I've never understood why anybody actually involved in the BB world/orb needs to so strenuously essentially "name drop", whether it be the Beatles or John Stamos or anything in between, when the BBs accomplished more than enough on their own that their story doesn't need to be filtered through anybody, even the Beatles. Sure, there are times when a discussion of the Beatles and BBs is warranted of course.

On the last point, ask Mike Love why he name-drops like that. I didn't see it coming as regularly from anyone else in the BB universe.

As you said, it's completely unnecessary given the history of this band and their music. The reasons why the name-dropping is done should be obvious.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 07:34:43 AM »

It's also amusing to see the fact-checking outrage getting applied selectively rather than across the board as it should be if fact-checking were the actual goal.

But I digress.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 07:46:51 AM »

I can see how Carnie might have gotten the timeline confused, since she was born after those records were made. Factual errors aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast. Thanks for posting it!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 11:31:39 AM »

I have no issue with factual errors when the principals or those close tell their version of the story. The Janelle Monae story is rather touching as is Carnie’s. I just wish certain trainspotters would take the stories in the spirit that they were given.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx