gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
631853 Posts in 25307 Topics by 3601 Members - Latest Member: smuffy May 21, 2018, 07:12:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So are we getting a White Album 50 year release/remix or not?  (Read 277 times)
Smile4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

Most people love the Giles Martin remix of Sgt. Peppers for the 50 year anniversary. There was initially speculation that we would get a White Album. Is it coming?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:33:36 PM »

God, I hope so! I'm kind of skeptical about it though. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.  LOL I had read a few months ago that supposedly the Esher demos were going to be released. To be honest, I'm really surprised that we didn't get 50th anniversary sets of either Rubber Soul or Revolver(or both). Both of those albums are in my mind crucial to the history and career of The Beatles.

#WeHaveNoVoiceYetWeMustScream

#Castillo/Smith2020
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 11:56:16 PM »

God, I hope so! I'm kind of skeptical about it though. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.  LOL I had read a few months ago that supposedly the Esher demos were going to be released. To be honest, I'm really surprised that we didn't get 50th anniversary sets of either Rubber Soul or Revolver(or both). Both of those albums are in my mind crucial to the history and career of The Beatles.
But this is the Beatles and Apple, they haven't been exactly generous with Vault Beatles. We were lucky to get the Anthology sets.
I doubt we'll get anything more than a reissue of the White Album on White Vinyl.
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »

But this is the Beatles and Apple, they haven't been exactly generous with Vault Beatles. We were lucky to get the Anthology sets.
I doubt we'll get anything more than a reissue of the White Album on White Vinyl.

I'm really surprised The Beatles / Apple haven't released more in recent years.    Even that mash up Love album sold pretty well IIRC. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.

"There is no right nor wrong in art, only preference." - Steve Desper
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 06:56:13 PM »

I'm really surprised The Beatles / Apple haven't released more in recent years.    Even that mash up Love album sold pretty well IIRC. 
There are a couple things the fans have been wanting for years, and still, no sign that they will come out:
Let it Be - the film (on dvd, with outtakes, etc)
Shea Stadium (yeah, I know, we got the Ron Howard doc a couple years ago....)

I don't know what their problem is, I guess they are just waiting till all the Beatles fans are dead to put this stuff out. And that's not going to happen, because the Beatles have fans in all age groups. They are the one British Invasion band that kids in 2018 can tell you about.
Well, maybe the Rolling Stones. But the Stones are still active. The Fab Four have been inactive for decades, but that music still brings in new fans.
So come on, guys, give the people what they want!
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 05:53:19 AM »

There are a couple things the fans have been wanting for years, and still, no sign that they will come out:
Let it Be - the film (on dvd, with outtakes, etc)
Shea Stadium (yeah, I know, we got the Ron Howard doc a couple years ago....)

I don't know what their problem is, I guess they are just waiting till all the Beatles fans are dead to put this stuff out. And that's not going to happen, because the Beatles have fans in all age groups. They are the one British Invasion band that kids in 2018 can tell you about.
Well, maybe the Rolling Stones. But the Stones are still active. The Fab Four have been inactive for decades, but that music still brings in new fans.
So come on, guys, give the people what they want!

Shea Stadium is an absolute no brainer.   For the life of me, I don't understand why it sits on the shelf.   Especially after they showed it in theaters following the Ron Howard doc (which I found a tad underwhelming to be honest).

I remember when George passed, there were rumors of a deluxe Let It Be DVD with gobs of bonus features, but it never happened.    I know it's not exactly their proudest moment, but come on, just about every Beatles fan has already seen the movie.   It was available on VHS and Laserdisc, and bootleg DVDs are very easy to find. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.

"There is no right nor wrong in art, only preference." - Steve Desper
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx