gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:40:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in 1985 Studio Footage  (Read 7682 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 11:36:27 PM »

Carl's '85 tunes are definitely the highlights. 'Where I Belong' is my favorite Beach Boys song of the '80s (Brian's 'Melt Away' is my favorite BBs-related and I think I like it more than WIB).

'It's Gettin' Late is a close second though. God I love that song. Carl's vocal is unreal. It surprises even me how often I listen (with glee) to it. 'Maybe I Don't Know' is really strong too.

Should we just go ahead and rename this thread "The Beach Boys '85 Appreciation Thread'? :D
It really disappointed when I saw the BB's on the 85 tour and Carl was not with them. I knew it would be the only chance to hear "It's Gettin' Late" done live. Turns out, Carl was on the tour, but he just missed the one show I saw. D@/\/\!
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:09 AM »

If anyone has old issues of esq I wrote a two part article about the bbs tv appearances. This was broadcast on a show called ear say in the U.K.

Maybe my memory is fading with age, but I do clearly recall watching this live on TV back in the day... and I could swear it was on the TV show 'Rapido'... but I may simply be getting confuzzled...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:37:41 AM by Malc » Logged

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx