gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:02:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: History of Brother Records  (Read 2507 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »

Alright, we all know the albums that the BB put out through Brother Records. I'm just wondering about solo records and other artists and other projects. I know of the whole Redwood case, did the Flame records come out on Brother? POB was Caribou, right?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »

In fact, outside the BB the only real Brother releases were the Flame album (BR2500) and both singles See The Light / Get Your Mind Made Up (BR 3500) and I'm So Happy / Another Day Like Heaven (edit) (BR 3501).

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »

so we could consider the flame what badfinger was to the beatles?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »

There was lots of releases on Apple Records, though.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »

so we could consider the flame what badfinger was to the beatles?

more like brother records (its early incarnation ft. H+V & SS) is to the beach boys what zapple records was to the beatles.

Bill Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »

This site has some more info:

http://www.bsnpubs.com/warner/distributed/brother.html

Cool

I guess I've got a way with girls
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »

In fact, outside the BB the only real Brother releases were the Flame album (BR2500) and both singles See The Light / Get Your Mind Made Up (BR 3500) and I'm So Happy / Another Day Like Heaven (edit) (BR 3501).

Carl's first solo album bears the Brother imprint, but not his second, and not Dennis'.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 04:40:29 AM »

Carl's first solo album bears the Brother imprint, but not his second, and not Dennis'.

Don't forget the 9/86 Sunkist album. 25 Years Of Good Vibrations[/b], Brother SL9431.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx