gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:44:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Vibrations early take vocal  (Read 1231 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:08:57 AM »

Listening to the GV early take on the on the SS/Wh twofer, I know it says its Brian (and thats what i've always thought) but I swear it could be Carl, or at least like they're singing together (It's double tracked). Some of the falsetto bits have Brians tone but some of the lower bits have Carls timbre, especially of that era when his voice was less defined. Anyone have any info in this?

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:36:07 AM »

Listening to the GV early take on the on the SS/Wh twofer, I know it says its Brian (and thats what i've always thought) but I swear it could be Carl, or at least like they're singing together (It's double tracked). Some of the falsetto bits have Brians tone but some of the lower bits have Carls timbre, especially of that era when his voice was less defined. Anyone have any info in this?

Don't know for sure, but my guess is that it's like the Brian-sung version of "God Only Knows":  Brian laid down the prototype lead vocal, then Carl sang over it on another track.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx