gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:59:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best sounding Beach Boys copycat/covers band, and they are British  (Read 1545 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »

Ever heard of Tony Rivers & the Castaways? Close, but no cigar:

http://www.craftweb.org/web/tony/cast.html

Like Castaways, the Denmark-based British band Red Squares also specialized in BB and Four Seasons, with a very good falsetto by the lead singer:

http://www.redsquares.com/DISCOGRAPHY.htm

http://www.redsquares.com/biography.html

GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:05:27 PM »

"never earlier released"

oh dear...  LOL
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »

Tony Rivers is an old mate of mine, I believe (but I'm not too sure) that he is indeed a member of this board.
He once introduced me to Bruce Welch (of The Shadows) and i asked who's idea it was for Cliff Richard and The Shads to add 'End Of The Show' to their set in the late 70's , well they both did.
Tony worked for many many years as a Backing Vocalist with Cliff, hey he even did Live Aid (and also performed with Elton at said show)  Grin
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_UDsCKgxg

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »

Tony Rivers is an old mate of mine, I believe (but I'm not too sure) that he is indeed a member of this board.
He once introduced me to Bruce Welch (of The Shadows) and i asked who's idea it was for Cliff Richard and The Shads to add 'End Of The Show' to their set in the late 70's , well they both did.
Tony worked for many many years as a Backing Vocalist with Cliff, hey he even did Live Aid (and also performed with Elton at said show)  Grin

Interesting, thanks for sharing!  Smiley I should add that Tony went on to form Harmony Grass, which, as the name implies, was more harmony-drenched sunshine pop. RPM also put out a nice digipak of their work.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:59:02 PM by GoogaMooga » Logged
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »

here it is:

Lady Lynda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:07:31 PM »

If we are talking about current cover bands I would say The Fendertones and The Bootleg Beach Boys.  Both bands do some really remarkable and amazing renditions of BB music.  The Fendertones reproduce all the vocals and instrumentals with precision and take care to give the music a very authentic feel.  The lead singer of The Bootleg Beach Boys sings a pretty mean falsetto and the harmonies also sound very close to original.  I've never really researched where they are from but both are a lot of fun to listen to. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx