gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:48:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Oh! Those Girls & American Girls  (Read 6253 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »

I have never understood why Mike could sound so unbelievably nasal between 1982-2005ish then have his voice improve. Was he trying to sound that way? Did he just not care and sang off key ( that's the vibe I get from many of his 80s/90s performances)?

What blows my mind is that he does this stuff, but then says in Melody Maker(?) that Brian’s ‘88 album sounded like “sh*t” because of the arrangements and lyrics. After hearing this stuff I don’t think he was in any position to critique Brian’s work.

But yeah, I think Mike always had it in him to do songs like “Daybreak” and “All I Wanna Do” - he just chose not to use that voice often.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »

What about Tricia when was that recorded? Is there a list of Loves unreleased songs out there. I'll be honest I enjoy his songs.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 05:44:14 AM »

What about Tricia when was that recorded? Is there a list of Loves unreleased songs out there. I'll be honest I enjoy his songs.

http://esquarterly.com/bellagio/vaults.html
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:01 AM »

http://esquarterly.com/bellagio/vaults.html

I saw that "Today I started loving you again" is listed as being written by "Williams"; it should be "Haggard/Owens" though.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx