gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:15:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7 Years Later and STILL no Barnyard with Backing Vocals  (Read 2858 times)
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:12:34 AM »

This is one of those things that just makes me sad at this point. Will we EVER get to hear it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:02:16 PM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:32:13 AM »

Your signature makes this a most delicious post.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »

With the 1966 and 1967 copy write archive releases done unfortunately it seems very unlikely we are going to get this.  But didn't this come out on some advance copy CD-r's of the Smile Sessions box set?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »

With the 1966 and 1967 copy write archive releases done unfortunately it seems very unlikely we are going to get this.  But didn't this come out on some advance copy CD-r's of the Smile Sessions box set?

Somebody on the net must have ripped and/or saved it from that advance promo (it might have just been streaming). I cannot believe nobody did.
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:36 PM »

With the 1966 and 1967 copy write archive releases done unfortunately it seems very unlikely we are going to get this.  But didn't this come out on some advance copy CD-r's of the Smile Sessions box set?

I'm afraid you're right Lou. It was the recent archive release that brought this back to my mind. This DID come out on the watermarked 5CD advance promo set that went out to reviewers. I have a standing order with a dealer friend of mine for $1000.00 if he can find a copy of that set for me. That track was one of the things I was most looking forward to hearing in master tape quality. Sigh.

Royce
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:15:41 PM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 05:44:44 AM »

If you manage to find a copy I hope you will share!!
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »

Your signature makes this a most delicious post.

Exactly why I never really visit this forum nowadays...

OT, surely there’ll be another Beach Boys boxset ala Made in California within the next 15 years or so. That’s the only occurrence I can see this track coming out.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx