gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
664631 Posts in 26637 Topics by 3819 Members - Latest Member: Occasional grilled cheese December 05, 2020, 07:18:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2020 Tour Thread  (Read 176098 times)
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 16, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »

Yeah these don't look like socially distanced/outdoor gigs at all, what's going on?
The shows were advertised as being sold at full capacity, and that everyone should wear a mask.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1076 on: November 17, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »

If those recent Utah shows were sold at full capacity with no gaps in seating, then that's even *crazier* than I thought.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 17, 2020, 03:44:53 PM »

If those recent Utah shows were sold at full capacity with no gaps in seating, then that's even *crazier* than I thought.

All Mike cares about is how many tickets he sells.

If he can get away with it, he will, that is his go-to mentality.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »

Very good, CD! I see you're starting to see through this jackass.  Cool

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 17, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »

Very good, CD! I see you're starting to see through this jackass.  Cool

Believe me I've always known he was a jackass, but I was willing to *try* to give him the benefit of the doubt for a very long time. His currency with me has completely expired as I'm sure is the case with many others. This year was the nail in his coffin for any respect or benefit of the doubt I ever gave him.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »

I think these clips prove that the recent Drive In show was a fluke...

Sloop/WIBN: https://youtu.be/OyVRuQQ9OxI

Bruce KILLS the lead. Sounds strong, considering his age.

California Sun: https://youtu.be/7PqP9hUGpNk

Mike sounds like Mike f*ckin Love!!! Not the warbly mess from the drive in show. A little shaky? Yeah, but still sounds fabulous.

Interesting, and to me very pleasing, to see Randell filling in for Scott. Heís an excellent singer, guitarist, bassist whose played with BBs, J&D, BW band, Dean/Alan/David ďallstarĒ bandó definitely earned his stripes. Of the best (non BW falsettos/BW Imitation)  my list goes in order goes  Al (62-early 80ís), Ike, Kirsch, Baker (on a good day), and lastly Foskett. Thatís not to say I donít love Jeffís voice, but his mid range is where he shines in my opinion, and the falsetto could be very pitchy at times, my two cents.... a long tangent to say, that Iím happy to see Kirsch back in the picture, even if only temporary. All these sidemen are obviously so dedicated to the music, given that when they leave the BBs/Solo/J&D bands, they start/join tribute  bands.

Anyway, in my opinion the horrible vocals of the Drive In show were probably a combination of Mike being under the weather (G-d willing, not Covid) and shitty monitoring. And The Beach Boys, as a touring band, still seem to be a fabulous Unit.

Bruce sounds really rough in that Sloop John B lead . It sounds like 3 different people trying to fight over the lead . Iíve always felt that Mikes band is at their weakest on Sloop and WIBN that traditionally had strong leads from Al and Carl.
California sun is fine . Itís a good arrangement for Mike to sing .
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

They've added a drive-in Christmas show in CA...it popped up on Facebook today...if anyone cares. The comments were overwhelming with folks calling out Mike for his recent associations with No. 45 ...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 21, 2020, 06:42:28 PM »

I have no problem with the band continuing to do shows where it's allowed. I would do the same if I could, but I live in one of those west coast liberal states where they don't even want us to visit our parents on the holidays.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 21, 2020, 07:08:27 PM »

I think these clips prove that the recent Drive In show was a fluke...

Sloop/WIBN: https://youtu.be/OyVRuQQ9OxI

Bruce KILLS the lead. Sounds strong, considering his age.

California Sun: https://youtu.be/7PqP9hUGpNk

Mike sounds like Mike f*ckin Love!!! Not the warbly mess from the drive in show. A little shaky? Yeah, but still sounds fabulous.

Interesting, and to me very pleasing, to see Randell filling in for Scott. Heís an excellent singer, guitarist, bassist whose played with BBs, J&D, BW band, Dean/Alan/David ďallstarĒ bandó definitely earned his stripes. Of the best (non BW falsettos/BW Imitation)  my list goes in order goes  Al (62-early 80ís), Ike, Kirsch, Baker (on a good day), and lastly Foskett. Thatís not to say I donít love Jeffís voice, but his mid range is where he shines in my opinion, and the falsetto could be very pitchy at times, my two cents.... a long tangent to say, that Iím happy to see Kirsch back in the picture, even if only temporary. All these sidemen are obviously so dedicated to the music, given that when they leave the BBs/Solo/J&D bands, they start/join tribute  bands.

Anyway, in my opinion the horrible vocals of the Drive In show were probably a combination of Mike being under the weather (G-d willing, not Covid) and shitty monitoring. And The Beach Boys, as a touring band, still seem to be a fabulous Unit.

BOTH Bruce and Mike sound like they're singing from their deathbeds. They both need to retire to their rocking chairs in an assisted living facility. Mike Love could barely reach down and pick up something. Knowing that clown, he'll still try in vain to perform when he's in hospice which could be any day.  LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx