gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:58:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 342251 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 19, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »

I think this business of pushing all 2020 dates into 2021 is wishful thinking at best. Is there any sign the virus is under control? Until a vaccine is approved, social distancing and facemasks are going to be the norm.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 19, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »

Another show cancelled, this time due to the recent derecho and extensive storm damage:

Aug. 21 -- Cedar Rapids, IA -- McGrath Amphitheatre

Souce: https://cbs2iowa.com/news/local/beach-boys-concert-in-cedar-rapids-cancelled
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 02:11:44 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: August 19, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »

I think this business of pushing all 2020 dates into 2021 is wishful thinking at best. Is there any sign the virus is under control? Until a vaccine is approved, social distancing and facemasks are going to be the norm.

My guess is that we'd be very lucky if a vaccine was approved and everybody that wants/needs it gets it by the end of 2021.

I would tend to doubt that a 2021 touring schedule will end up looking much like 2019.

I think they're just rescheduling as many shows to next year as possible because they don't know what else to do.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 21, 2020, 06:54:11 PM »

My guess is that we'd be very lucky if a vaccine was approved and everybody that wants/needs it gets it by the end of 2021.

I would tend to doubt that a 2021 touring schedule will end up looking much like 2019.

I think they're just rescheduling as many shows to next year as possible because they don't know what else to do.
Agreed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 21, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »

I would only be speculating, but if you cancel I would assume immediate full refunds would be required. If you postpone then the promoter gets to hold on to the ticket money in the hope the show goes ahead at a later date.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:06:00 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 27, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »

Found this new date on Mike's website:
May 6, 2021 -- San Antonio, TX -- Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
Rescheduled from Nov. 16

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 16, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »

Some new dates for Mike and Bruce, a series of drive-in shows at fairgrounds:

Oct. 23 -- Ventura, CA -- Ventura County Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show
Oct. 24 -- Del Mar, CA -- Del Mar Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show
Oct. 25 -- Phoenix, AZ -- Arizona State Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:03 AM »

Some new dates for Mike and Bruce, a series of drive-in shows at fairgrounds:

Oct. 23 -- Ventura, CA -- Ventura County Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show
Oct. 24 -- Del Mar, CA -- Del Mar Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show
Oct. 25 -- Phoenix, AZ -- Arizona State Fairgrounds, Concerts in Your Car drive-in show

It'll be interesting to see how guidelines for those shows are enforced.

Earlier in the thread I posted some pics of a "drive in" Chainsmokers concert where people just got out of their cars and congregated near the stage (many without masks) not much unlike a regular concert:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,25781.msg663370.html#msg663370

If people are allowed to not only get out of their cars, but roam around freely, and rules aren't enforced, then even these "drive in" concerts aren't safe.

The concert industry is facing a similar issue to movie theaters. *All* potential customers have to rely on others to follow the rules and take things seriously, and unfortunately many people still don't. Further, it is often folks who don't take things seriously (either out of old fashioned ignorance or due to specifically being stubborn and thinking COVID is a hoax, or have turned mask wearing into a stupid political argument, etc.) who are most likely to attend these types of public gatherings that are of questionable safety.

It's not surprising that you're exponentially more likely to be around people who don't take COVID seriously when you attend a concert or movie theater right now.

Another HUGE problem for both concert venues and movie theaters is their reliance on concession revenue. Selling food and drink at these events undoes most if not all of the safety measures in place as far as mask-wearing. You're "allowed" to take your mask off if you're eating or drinking, and many folks nurse their beer and nachos for the full two hours of a concert or movie.

The movie theater industry is just kind of trying to ignore the incompatibility of mandatory mask-wearing and allowing masks to be removed to eat and drink. I mean, it's better than nothing if people wear their mask headed into the venue.

Outdoor concerts don't have as bad of a ventilation issue as movie theaters, that's about the only thing they have going for that industry. But the window for good weather for outdoor shows is narrowing. Same thing is going to happen to outdoor dining when the weather becomes an issue.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:37:42 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 17, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »

FWIW, here's a link to the promoter's PR statement:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cbf-productions-aims-to-transform-fairgrounds-nationwide-into-audience-safe-drive-in-concert-venues-301131879.html

And here's what they say about setup and protocols for these shows:

To offer a safe and enjoyable experience, Concerts in Your Car are following the CDC and State of California Guidelines, and working with local States and Counties to ensure each event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. All event staff will be wearing required PPE (personal protective equipment). During the concert, attendees are asked to stay inside their vehicle to view the performers from the stage or on the giant screens. All guests that exit their vehicle must wear a mask or face covering and remain next to their vehicle, and no more than two guests per vehicle can leave to use the restroom at the same time.

Event tickets are priced per car, per section "ring" and available in advance only. Movie tickets are general admission and vehicles will be placed on a first come, first served basis to an assigned parking space.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 17, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »

Pretty much a given that ‘Drive In’ will make the set lists for these shows., surely.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 17, 2020, 01:18:04 PM »

Pretty much a given that ‘Drive In’ will make the set lists for these shows., surely.

i hope so, it would be very cool to hear that resurrected
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1036 on: September 17, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »

FWIW, here's a link to the promoter's PR statement:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cbf-productions-aims-to-transform-fairgrounds-nationwide-into-audience-safe-drive-in-concert-venues-301131879.html

And here's what they say about setup and protocols for these shows:

To offer a safe and enjoyable experience, Concerts in Your Car are following the CDC and State of California Guidelines, and working with local States and Counties to ensure each event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. All event staff will be wearing required PPE (personal protective equipment). During the concert, attendees are asked to stay inside their vehicle to view the performers from the stage or on the giant screens. All guests that exit their vehicle must wear a mask or face covering and remain next to their vehicle, and no more than two guests per vehicle can leave to use the restroom at the same time.

Event tickets are priced per car, per section "ring" and available in advance only. Movie tickets are general admission and vehicles will be placed on a first come, first served basis to an assigned parking space.

It does make sense that California gigs would have hopefully more strict guidelines.

It'll be interesting to see pics/footage roll in of these shows and see if people actually all stay in their vehicles.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:41:50 PM by HeyJude » Logged

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 23, 2020, 02:22:52 PM »

There's a new article about M&B's Tuacahn Center shows, confirming that they will be taking place.

Nov. 5-6 -- Ivins, UT -- Tuacahn Center for the Arts

‘A very eclectic vision of concerts’: Live entertainment returns to Tuacahn this fall

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2020/09/23/avm-spc-a-very-eclectic-vision-of-concerts-live-entertainment-returns-to-tuacahn-this-fall/

"Keeping safety in mind, Tuacahn has been working closely with county and state officials to create enhanced protocols. Additional entrances and exits will be available to prevent crowding at the main gate, and hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the property, along with social distancing signage. Masks are required for all Tuacahn employees and audience members."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: October 01, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »

The Beach Boys co-founder Mike Love previews October performance at Del Mar Fairgrounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N66F0tWh6w

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2020, 09:48:26 PM »

A recording of Mikes recent drive in show from 10/23  has surfaced On youtube Don’t worry Mark McGrath is back and this too shall pass makes the set list along with McGrath’s fly

https://youtu.be/kjtDk0oeiPA
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:20:32 AM by tpesky » Logged
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 25, 2020, 04:47:28 AM »

All Things Considered and considering especially their age Mike and Bruce don't sound too bad on lead vocals when they sing them. The background vocals aren't that good and whoevers singing Help Me Rhonda doesn't only just butcher the lyrics but sounds awful. Nobody sings Rhonda like Al Jardine.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 25, 2020, 07:28:25 AM »

Mark McGrath *actually singing Fly* as part of a Beach Boys concert. Let that sink in just a bit more. Shocked

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 25, 2020, 07:38:19 AM »

Yet Brian and Al are not welcome.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 25, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »

Mark McGrath *actually singing Fly* as part of a Beach Boys concert. Let that sink in just a bit more. Shocked

"Fly" at a BBs concert. Barf. Like flies on sh*t

0852-A7-F7-0671-42-B5-9152-A052-C6864320" border="0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:50:03 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »

Yet Brian and Al are not welcome.... Roll Eyes

Yet Mark "Orange County Biff Tannen" McGrath douche is. Great guy that Mark McGrath. Not that he, Mike, or Trump could possibly have that bully gene or anything like that...

https://youtu.be/jSU9oL5nLMA
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:20:31 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1045 on: October 25, 2020, 10:38:34 AM »

Well, I seem to remember a time when the Beach Boys shared stages with people like Elton John, Paul Simon, Jimmy Page and Willie Nelson.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 25, 2020, 10:46:52 AM »

Well, I seem to remember a time when the Beach Boys shared stages with people like Elton John, Paul Simon, Jimmy Page and Willie Nelson.

Were those folks performing songs of their own that have nothing to do with the BBs, during BBs shows?

Plus, to even put Mark McGrath's name in the same sentence as Elton John or Jimmy Page... is really, really, really, really, really, really funny LOL
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1047 on: October 25, 2020, 11:02:45 AM »

Plus, to even put Mark McGrath's name in the same sentence as Elton John or Jimmy Page... is really, really, really, really, really, really funny LOL

Look closely, I haven't  Wink

I still don't know btw who Mark McGrath is. Never heard that name before Mike released the duett.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 25, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »

I still don't know btw who Mark McGrath is. Never heard that name before Mike released the duett.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the intention of what you were saying Smiley

Once upon a time, the brand's associations were not complete embarrassments.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1049 on: October 25, 2020, 12:12:28 PM »

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the intention of what you were saying Smiley

Once upon a time, the brand's associations were not complete embarrassments.

Yeah, you got it right! I was just saying that technically I didn't put his name in the same sentence  Wink

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx