gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
645656 Posts in 25822 Topics by 3676 Members - Latest Member: as1972 April 24, 2019, 07:15:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2019 Tour Thread  (Read 53416 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »

Boy, can't believe to see such weird defense replies to RubberSoul13's well-written, qualified fan posts. Folks, quit defending Bruce pls, RS13 didn't say anything super-mean towards Bruce. What's the outcries for? He went to M&B shows, read: actually been there, witnessed it. Let the fellow fan speak, what's the big deal. If smb. brings valid points, it should be read without getting worked up. BBs shouldn't be above criticism, including Bruce.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Big change: liking ear muffs since today.

Rookies, join in saving 1957 Dis-a-ney Girls!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2019, 04:08:37 AM »

I'll add one more fact that maybe I should have from the beginning, which is the source of my dismay and annoyance with Bruce as a musician: He has ALWAYS been THE most gifted instrumentalist of all the official Beach Boys. No question, no one else comes close. I'm not denying his ability however, if you don't use it...you do lose it...so I sure hope he is using his skills in other venues off the Beach Boys stage because they were indeed, a gift.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:40 AM »

I was talking to my friend about the Bruce playing vs miming thing, and he pointed out something that's fairly obvious, that many of us (including myself) overlook. We're constantly searching for clips that prove Bruce is audible or inaudible, to prove an argument, that he other does always play or doesn't. My friend pointed out, he might just play sometimes when he feels like it, or has a designated part from Scott, but he might turn the volume down if he's focusing on singing or can't remember the changes for the particular section of a song or something. For years I've been one of the people possibly perpetuating the idea that Bruce is using a prop, but it's not out of malice. I'm just genuinely confused (and kinda bummed) why such a phenomenal keyboardist doesn't show his props. I think it would be pretty cool if the group did Disney Girls, in an even more stripped-down fashion, with Bruce playing a "lead" piano, with all the flourishes he did here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NBh0NqaLY) instead of just the little noodling on the DX7 patch. I understand Brian and Al coasting instrumentally: their talents were more in the singing and writing/producing respectfully. I honestly equate Bruce playing his quiet "rhythm" DX7 piano to if Paul McCartney coasted by strumming a nearly silent guitar, instead of playing his famous bass lines. I'm not trying to knock Bruce. I also am not trying to knock what he does in the band. "Rhythm" piano and other accompaniment instruments are very important, sometimes I just wish those parts would be delegated to Tim B for a song or two for Bruce to really show off. But I also understand if Bruce wants to focus on singing. Singing BBs harmonies is HARD.
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »

I just bought tickets fir the 5 July 2019 concert. I noticed that Jeff Foskett was not mentioned as part of the backing group. The band will consist of: Tim Bonhomme, John Cowsill, Christian Love, Brian Eichenberger, Randy Leago, Keith Hubacher and Scott Totten.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:48:19 AM by GuyO » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »

I just bought tickets fir the 5 July 2029 concert. I noticed that Jeff Foskett was not mentioned as part of the backing group. The band will consist of: Tim Bonhomme, John Cowsill, Christian Love, Brian Eichenberger, Randy Leago, Keith Hubacher and Scott Totten.
[/quote

2029 ?? blimey talk about selling tickets in advance   LOL
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 16, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »

;-)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx