gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:27:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 344649 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2018, 04:18:00 AM »

Just got announcement from Ticket master

Friday, October 5  Beau Rivage, Biloxi, MS

(The M&B Beach Boys usually play a Saturday show there as well).

Debating whether to go - the last time I saw them I lucked out - Stamos wasn't there.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2018, 06:50:55 AM »

Just got confirmation on that anticipated Saturday show at Beau Rivage. So it's October 5 and 6.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »

How many years in a row have they played that place?  And always the first weekend in October. I saw them there in 2003.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:45:14 PM by Dave in KC » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »

They are playing the mountain winery in Saratoga CA in September.  Being from the mid Atlantic area, it is interesting that I may see them at that same venue  for a third time , again in late summer, early fall.  May be my last time to see them.   We are all getting older.  But it is almost always a good show.   always enjoy seeing Scott, cowsill, and Jeffrey.   I don't know how they keep it up.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »

It struck me seeing this photo in a feed this morning, what someone posted in another discussion: It seems Mike's M.O. of going "lean and mean" with his touring band has changed a bit. I wonder why.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »

Seems they are going the “Chicago” route.... BW, Al, And David would more than do. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »

It struck me seeing this photo in a feed this morning, what someone posted in another discussion: It seems Mike's M.O. of going "lean and mean" with his touring band has changed a bit. I wonder why.

NCOTFBB'S  Evil         ( No chance outside the fake Beach Boys)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:42:12 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »

OSD July! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

I'll YouTube this lyp-synched shlock tomorrow...better things to do tonight...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2018, 12:43:35 PM »

M&B are getting over the top covering for Mike’s lack of singing ability at this point...

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »

Mike will be getting some kind of award at this event tonight too.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »

Uh oh, wonder what?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »

I'd give Mike a replica of that foot statue Reagan gave James Watt back in '83. But it would need to be at least 20 times larger than Watt's to cover Mike's f-ups. Mark McGrath can unveil it by pulling the hotel bedsheet used in the Do It Again video off the statue during the broadcast.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2018, 01:34:39 PM »

Wink Martindale to M.C?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2018, 01:53:06 PM »

Wink Martindale to M.C?

According to an impeccable source, Mike called Wink multiple times to invite him to emcee the event, but each time the person answering the phone at Wink's house told Mike that Wink was "busy washing his hair" and could not take the call. Mike eventually gave up and got Stamos instead.

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2018, 01:53:20 PM »

Jimmy B. Is putting up a bit of the soundcheck on his Instagram. A great pic of Jimmy and Bruce, two guys who 'pray for waves' as the caption says.

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Hoping JB and BB do a tune or two together.  Happy 4th!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

Jimmy B. Is putting up a bit of the soundcheck on his Instagram. A great pic of Jimmy and Bruce, two guys who 'pray for waves' as the caption says.

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Hoping JB and BB do a tune or two together.  Happy 4th!

Prerecorded tracks or a 100% authentic live performance this time around?

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »

The National Artistic Achievement Award. Can't say I can find much info on it. It's had 4 prior recipients, including Stevie Wonder.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »

Well it sounded like JB was playing a little guitar, but aren't these things always pre recorded?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »

The National Artistic Achievement Award. Can't say I can find much info on it. It's had 4 prior recipients, including Stevie Wonder.

Yes, that's what it was, thanks for the clarification. I hope someone explained to Mike that The Beach Boys are getting the award, as in including the Wilsons and Jardine et al, and it's not just going to Mike & Bruce. If he delivers an acceptance speech when Stamos gives him the award, I hope he sees fit to name his original bandmates which he doesn't seem to do as often these days in his promotional press junket interviews.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »

Well it sounded like JB was playing a little guitar, but aren't these things always pre recorded?

If they are always prerecorded, it kind of makes a soundcheck unnecessary. Unless the soundcheck is more for camera blocking than actually running through a soundcheck for the musicians.

There was an issue in previous years with some fans (and posters here and elsewhere) suggesting some of these things Mike did were 100% live when they clearly were not. Just curious if this year would be a 100% live show.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »

Yes, that's what it was, thanks for the clarification. I hope someone explained to Mike that The Beach Boys are getting the award, as in including the Wilsons and Jardine et al, and it's not just going to Mike & Bruce. If he delivers an acceptance speech when Stamos gives him the award, I hope he sees fit to name his original bandmates which he doesn't seem to do as often these days in his promotional press junket interviews.

If he does, it'll probably be to remind everybody that Brian is his cousin (which he only does when discussing Brian's many accomplishments)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »

If he does, it'll probably be to remind everybody that Brian is his cousin (which he only does when discussing Brian's many accomplishments)

I would not be surprised if that's exactly what happens! It's been Mike's M.O. in recent interviews to either go that route, or not mention the name "Brian" at all. As happened on an 8-minute long interview recently done on UK television.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »

I would not be surprised if that's exactly what happens! It's been Mike's M.O. in recent interviews to either go that route, or not mention the name "Brian" at all. As happened on an 8-minute long interview recently done on UK television.

Billy with the win in round 1! I don't know what this interviewer's credentials are or who he represents, but here are Mike and Bruce yapping away earlier today in DC...

https://youtu.be/4bDORIR2YzA?t=29s

Now were the original 80's July 4th shows in DC Mike's idea? He seems to suggest that in this interview. Legit question...is the credit for those shows really Mike's? Hmm.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »

The history rewrite in the flesh....

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx