gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
659469 Posts in 26421 Topics by 3756 Members - Latest Member: My Smile Solution July 09, 2020, 11:38:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any isolated tracks of Dennis playing guitar?  (Read 273 times)
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: Yesterday at 11:34:13 AM »

I've always been fascinated on Dennis guitar playing. I know there are a handful of songs he is credited with playing guitar. I've always wondered how proficient he was; his desired tone, his style, his playing technique, his guitar of choice, etc.

Is 'Well you know I knew' an example of Dennis' guitar playing?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:49:54 PM »

Probably.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:34:49 PM »

I'd Love Just Once to See You?

Watch out for snakes!
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:47:40 PM »

Interesting. I must have forgotten in my rigorous session and personnel lists that Dennis was on this. I truly didnít know that. Where did you read this?
SaltyMarshmallow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:03:28 AM »

No, that's Carl and Al.
SaltyMarshmallow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:10:38 AM »

According to Badman, years before the rest of us heard it, Well You Know I Knew exists on a tape with Charles Manson running through a few songs on acoustic guitar. Take that as you will. If that has anything to do with the identity of the guitarist on a now-released song I don't expect it'd ever be confirmed for understandable reasons.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:20:53 AM »

Well we now know that heís on Slip on Through and Got to Know the Woman, and both are overdubs. I think Jon Stebbins confirmed that he and John Hanlon (or maybe Alan Boyd) heard an isolated rhythm guitar part on a Dobro that they were convinced was played by Dennis on one of the POB & Bambu songs or outtakes.
SaltyMarshmallow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:37:01 AM »

Well we now know that heís on Slip on Through and Got to Know the Woman, and both are overdubs. I think Jon Stebbins confirmed that he and John Hanlon (or maybe Alan Boyd) heard an isolated rhythm guitar part on a Dobro that they were convinced was played by Dennis on one of the POB & Bambu songs or outtakes.

There's no guitar on GTKTW played by Dennis, but I think it's been said that he played the unused Leslie'd rhythm part on Slip on Through that can be heard in bootleg mixes. The only parts audible on the finished song are Carl and Jack Conrad.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx