gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:57:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have any regrets?  (Read 10689 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »

I regret that Sweet Insanity never came out!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 01:22:01 AM »

I do regret not getting a signed C50 program. They were not available at my Melbourne show and there was also talk, since pretty much confirmed, Brian’s signature was not his. For that reason I did not go down the eBay route.
KDS
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 05:34:31 AM »

I do regret not getting a signed C50 program. They were not available at my Melbourne show and there was also talk, since pretty much confirmed, Brian’s signature was not his. For that reason I did not go down the eBay route.

C50 programs are still available on The Beach Boys website.   I didn't get one at the show I attended, because money was really tight at the time.   I really wanted to get the signed TWGMTR CD, but I'm kinda glad I didn't since the Brian Wilson signature was likely not his. 
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 06:19:49 AM »

Sometimes people go and trash the golden rule...

(I love Darian's version of the song)

My biggest regret is never having seen them live with Carl.  Other than that, my journey in the world of the Beach Boys has been rewarding and wonderful.

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 08:07:21 AM »

mine is not seeing the Blondie/Ricky touring band of 72-74.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 10:26:20 AM »

mine is not seeing the Blondie/Ricky touring band of 72-74.

Yeah, if I could figure out how to time travel this would be one of my first stops. 
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:30 AM »

I regret not seeing Brian Wilson's Pet Sounds tour last year, when it rolled through my area. Money was tight, and I hoped he would come back this year. My fingers are still crossed that more shows will be continue to be added.
KDS
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 10:34:11 AM »

I regret not seeing Brian Wilson's Pet Sounds tour last year, when it rolled through my area. Money was tight, and I hoped he would come back this year. My fingers are still crossed that more shows will be continue to be added.

New shows continue to be added, and the Pet Sounds Tour looks like the Energizer Bunny right now.
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 11:00:49 AM »

New shows continue to be added, and the Pet Sounds Tour looks like the Energizer Bunny right now.

True. I'm hoping Cleveland/Akron makes the cut.
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »

I've seen the boys perform many times over the years, though not before 1970

but a particular regret I can name is not buying the Friends LP when it was a contemporary release

I bought Pet Sounds, Stack/Tracks, Wild Honey albums all at their original releases but Friends did not attract me back then, and worse yet it came and went in the record store bins in the blink of an eye.  To add insult to injury the very last sighting of it I recall was in the 88 cents bins as capitol was clearing out all stock, and I still didn't give in.  A couple years later I acquired a british pressing of Friends (which small comfort was a high quality pressing of it compared to many US records I bought at the time) because they hadn't deleted it (yet) over there.

But bottom line I now would rather I could say I had enough beach boys sense even then to've bought the US Friends release first pass
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:03:50 PM by hideyotsuburaya » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 01:56:12 PM »

C50 programs are still available on The Beach Boys website.   I didn't get one at the show I attended, because money was really tight at the time.   I really wanted to get the signed TWGMTR CD, but I'm kinda glad I didn't since the Brian Wilson signature was likely not his. 

Yeah but I want a signed one. Site only has the $30 program unless I’m mistaken.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »

I bet one of Brian's biggest regrets was writing the song  'Do You Have Any Regrets?'

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 10:42:31 PM »

I bet one of Brian's biggest regrets was writing the song  'Do You Have Any Regrets?'

I regret his production choices on that track in particular.  How To Ruin a Good Song: 101
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »

I regret not doing more to bug my parents into taking me to a Beach Boys show when I was a little kid in the 1970s.  The BBs played a major venue 20 minutes from my home for two nights every summer.  I could have seen them in their touring prime, and with Denny.  But my parents were not concert-goers (even though they both liked the BBs) and I was a shy little kid who didn't speak up much.  I'm kind of disappointed that they never thought to take me to a BB show, because they knew I loved the music even as a child.  As soon as I was old enough to get to show myself (that is, have a boyfriend who could drive), I went to see the BBs - but by then, it was in the 80s and they were just phoning it in.  At least I did get to see Carl in concert twice.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 11:07:10 PM »

I regret his production choices on that track in particular.  How To Ruin a Good Song: 101

Aint that the truth. I wish he would re-record it with Darian’s arrangement.
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 02:09:13 PM »

I do
I do
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

My biggest regret would have to be deciding not to bring my vinyl copy of Smile to get it signed by Brian and Al when I saw them June 2016. And as luck would have it, now they aren’t doing personal signings anymore. To get my most favorite album ever signed by the man who made it is a chance that comes up once or twice in a lifetime, and I blew it. And why didn’t I want to bring my vinyl? Because I didn’t want to hold it during the concert. That’s it. What a lazy slob I can be sometimes!  Roll Eyes Of course the thought of putting it back in the car before the show never struck my mind. I still mull over this while trying to fall asleep at night.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 06:18:14 AM »

My biggest regret would have to be deciding not to bring my vinyl copy of Smile to get it signed by Brian and Al when I saw them June 2016. And as luck would have it, now they aren’t doing personal signings anymore. To get my most favorite album ever signed by the man who made it is a chance that comes up once or twice in a lifetime, and I blew it. And why didn’t I want to bring my vinyl? Because I didn’t want to hold it during the concert. That’s it. What a lazy slob I can be sometimes!  Roll Eyes Of course the thought of putting it back in the car before the show never struck my mind. I still mull over this while trying to fall asleep at night.

At least in the case of Al, it appears he'd doing signings after his solo gigs on his current tour. From what I've heard, he sticks around after the show and will sign anything (including apparently actual vegetables!).

I've also heard from folks who buy the VIP pre-show dealies on Brian's tour that mileage still varies on whether you can bring something else in to have Brian, Al, etc. sign. I think they usually state that you can only get whatever item signed that they provide, but I think some people try to bring other stuff in and are sometimes successful.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »

At least in the case of Al, it appears he'd doing signings after his solo gigs on his current tour. From what I've heard, he sticks around after the show and will sign anything (including apparently actual vegetables!).

I've also heard from folks who buy the VIP pre-show dealies on Brian's tour that mileage still varies on whether you can bring something else in to have Brian, Al, etc. sign. I think they usually state that you can only get whatever item signed that they provide, but I think some people try to bring other stuff in and are sometimes successful.

This may be a shot in the dark, but have you heard if Al comes out right after the shows, or if fans have to linger awhile?

I ask because I'm seeing him in Annapolis next month, and would love to meet him, but we also have a babysitter that night, so I don't want to make it a super late night. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:01 AM »

I haven't been to any of Al's shows so far myself. It looks like he sticks around after shows to sell stuff and sign autographs. I would imagine it's the typical sort of thing where he doesn't jump right off stage and immediately start signing, but it probably isn't a huge wait. It appears it isn't a totally informal thing where people just mill around after the show and you tap Al on the shoulder for a photo; it looks like he sits at a table and does signings.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:36 AM »

I haven't been to any of Al's shows so far myself. It looks like he sticks around after shows to sell stuff and sign autographs. I would imagine it's the typical sort of thing where he doesn't jump right off stage and immediately start signing, but it probably isn't a huge wait. It appears it isn't a totally informal thing where people just mill around after the show and you tap Al on the shoulder for a photo; it looks like he sits at a table and does signings.

The Yardbirds did something similar when I saw them at the same venue in Annapolis in 2007, and I think they came out like 15 minutes afterward. 

If it's something like that I'll stick around.   Not like when I milled around outside until 1am to meet Glenn Hughes last year. 
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »

I have only one regret: that the Wilson brothers did drugs. Tongue

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »

I have only one regret: that the Wilson brothers did drugs. Tongue

KDS
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »

This sounds silly, but I regret not buying TWGMTR sooner. 

The summer of 2012 was when I really got into The Beach Boys after attended a C50 show in mid June.  I recall seeing the album at Target for $7.99, but I thought, "how good could a new BB album really be?"  I also wasn't overly impressed with the two songs they played in concert (the title track and Isn't It Time). 

But, as I starting digging into the catalog, I decided I was going to use some Best Buy reward bucks to get the album in late August.  I only wished I'd bought it sooner as that album could've been the soundtrack to summer 2012. 

Very minor regret.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 12:46:52 PM »

This sounds silly, but I regret not buying TWGMTR sooner. 

The summer of 2012 was when I really got into The Beach Boys after attended a C50 show in mid June.  I recall seeing the album at Target for $7.99, but I thought, "how good could a new BB album really be?"  I also wasn't overly impressed with the two songs they played in concert (the title track and Isn't It Time). 

But, as I starting digging into the catalog, I decided I was going to use some Best Buy reward bucks to get the album in late August.  I only wished I'd bought it sooner as that album could've been the soundtrack to summer 2012. 

Very minor regret.

Not silly at all, and every time I listen to the album I immediately think of that magical show at the Woodlands.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx