gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:18:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike & Bruce 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 24184 times)
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 09:44:17 AM »

Sorry, why the f*** is the Smile font included in that?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »

Sorry, why the f*** is the Smile font included in that?

The person who set this up probably has ZERO idea of the history of this band. The promotional person cut and pasted more pictures of Jesse Katsopolis and the Tanner family than actual friggin Beach Boys. That says it all right there.

We’re in an era where the main draw for a current The Beach Boys concert is having John Stamos attend - and part of the promotional coverage of that “feature” is a Full House trivia question contest. Oh, also, Ostrich concert. Seriously, at this point the parking lot gig at the Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge from years back is looking awfully good.

Goodbye Surfing, Hello Ornithology!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »

To enter for your chance to win 2 FRONT ROW tickets, you'll have to guess the missing word from the title of this Full House episode that the band appeared in; Beach Boys _____. If you know the 5 letter word, text it to 95323 for your chance to win

OK, lets go...5 letters

Beach Boys Baked
Beach Boys Baldy
Beach Boys Bawdy
Beach Boys Bigot
Beach Boys Bitch
Beach Boys Boobs
Beach Boys Bogus
Beach Boys Bully

nah, not working..

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »

I hate Mike Love.

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »

To enter for your chance to win 2 FRONT ROW tickets, you'll have to guess the missing word from the title of this Full House episode that the band appeared in; Beach Boys _____. If you know the 5 letter word, text it to 95323 for your chance to win

OK, lets go...5 letters

Beach Boys Baked
Beach Boys Baldy
Beach Boys Bawdy
Beach Boys Bigot
Beach Boys Bitch
Beach Boys Boobs
Beach Boys Bogus
Beach Boys Bully

nah, not working..

Beach Boys Bogus. For the win.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »

Beach Boys Booed
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 04:28:34 PM »

Damn - Ok, am I allowed to say I love Mike love ? I have met the gut a few times, blimey he even bought me a drink and signed everything I gave him 😉
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »

Damn - Ok, am I allowed to say I love Mike love ? I have met the gut a few times, blimey he even bought me a drink and signed everything I gave him 😉

Hell yeah you’re allowed to say that. I think most of the fans who’ve met him have great things to say about the experience. To me, no matter how many drinks the man buys people or how many items he signs, doesn’t take away the fact that he blatantly lied about Brian on a personal level in the 2005 lawsuit, and to that I think he’s a pretty scummy individual (among other reasons). No need for me to meet the man to understand what a dick move that was. But if you like him, no harm in that either. We’ve all got our reasons for our likes and dislikes that make sense to us.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »

He's more like an old acquaintance that constantly disappoints you with his decisions but you still let him off the hook more than you should because you both go way back or something. LOL
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:04:25 PM by SamMcK » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 06:37:29 PM »

He's more like an old acquaintance that constantly disappoints you with his decisions but you still let him off the hook more than you should because you both go way back or something. LOL

This is pretty spot on. The past few months I started giving him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed like a different person in his interviews in the last year. Then that weird Mojo interview happened and it shattered my hopes haha.

I really want to like the guy. I can’t even imagine the roller coaster it has been for everyone in the band (aside from all we have read and heard, the emotional aspect is something I don’t think we fans understand at all), so I think all the people in this band should be given some slack here and there. When Mike opened up about his childhood it really helped me understand him more and I gave him some slack in many areas. But Mike just keeps on with tactless nonsense about the Wilsons and it’s really unnecessary. Contrary to what some windbags out there think, people don’t go looking furiously for a villain in Mike Love - you don’t at all have to stretch reality to understand why some think Mike is a dick: when you lie about your family members for potential monetary gain, expect people to look down on you. When you make constant tactless comments about your family members, expect people to look down on you.

Imagine a world where we all treated our relatives the way Mike Love treats Brian and the legacy of Carl and Dennis. Imagine if you made some bad decisions in your past and your famous cousin mentioned these decisions every time a mic was stuck in his face. Imagine if a family member sued you and lied about the accomplishments you made in life just to make a few bucks. That would be a horrible world to live in.

Also, SamMcK, I went off on a tangent and the last two paragraphs are not directed at you Grin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:31:36 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »

I used to [usually] feel that way...but that stupid old bastard kept making a fool out of me...and especially out of himself...so finally, about 2 - 2 1/2 years ago, it reached the breaking point where I'd just simply had enough period.  NO MORE ... ... ... EVER.  He's a semi-talent, he's vindictive, he strikes me as completely untrustworthy and dishonest, he's a far over-inflated egoist and he's a prick.  He can trundle on without me, my support or my money.  Eventually he'll sink into 'it'...virtually alone.  And he'll have paid for THAT specific one-way ticket all by himself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Rob...Good for you.  No problem there.  I respect you and your opinion.  From my point of view though...and I've watched him do it many a time...The old 'dick' can certainly make you feel like he appreciates your fandom, interest and your money.  The reasons why he does it..." for my nourishment and revenge"...though, give me pause to totally reconsider lovin' 'love'.  HIGHLY doubtful he really has any kind of a grasp on ANYTHING to do with that 'concept'.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:18:18 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »

In all seriousness, Id love if a contest were held like this if they played near me.   If getting a front row seat when the answer is pretty much in the "puzzle," is that easy, I'm in..

I hope they have a giveaway for the ostrich festival too. Like a "Where's Waldo" puzzle where you have to find Mike and Bruce in a herd of 500 ostriches.

What’s up with this band and livestock? Didn’t they play a revolving stage at a rodeo a few years ago? Now they’ve got an ostrich gig. Really wonderful the band name is literally being dragged through the mud.
Obviously you have forgotten the episode of Full House where Kimmy Gibbler got an ostrich.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »

I'm certainly not trying to start anything, however it seems that Bruce may not have been at Universal Studios with the band tonight? I just saw a photo of *almost* the whole stage and unless he is now far stage right (which could be possible) neither he nor his keyboard were in the photo.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 11:56:08 PM »

I'm very interested as to what the current line up is...

I was watching videos of the Universal Mardi Gras gig from Feb 10, and yes, Bruce was there. But so was Randell Kirsch, not Ike, and Christian Love, as well as John Stamos. Nothing will compare to C50, but having Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Scott Totten, Christian Love, John Cowsill, Randell Kirsch, Jeff Foskett, Tim Bonhamme, and Randy Leago is one hell of a band. What happened to Ike though I'm curious?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 12:54:06 AM »

I'm certainly not trying to start anything, however it seems that Bruce may not have been at Universal Studios with the band tonight? I just saw a photo of *almost* the whole stage and unless he is now far stage right (which could be possible) neither he nor his keyboard were in the photo.

He is there.

https://youtu.be/iowifKYkAk4
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 01:04:29 AM »

In all seriousness, Id love if a contest were held like this if they played near me.   If getting a front row seat when the answer is pretty much in the "puzzle," is that easy, I'm in..

I hope they have a giveaway for the ostrich festival too. Like a "Where's Waldo" puzzle where you have to find Mike and Bruce in a herd of 500 ostriches.

What’s up with this band and livestock? Didn’t they play a revolving stage at a rodeo a few years ago? Now they’ve got an ostrich gig. Really wonderful the band name is literally being dragged through the mud.
Obviously you have forgotten the episode of Full House where Kimmy Gibbler got an ostrich.

Also ostrichs are a great audience, you know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 06:12:22 AM »

What happen to Eichenberger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBRm6U77yk
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 08:01:32 AM »

I was watching videos of the Universal Mardi Gras gig from Feb 10, and yes, Bruce was there. But so was Randell Kirsch, not Ike, and Christian Love, as well as John Stamos. Nothing will compare to C50, but having Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, Scott Totten, Christian Love, John Cowsill, Randell Kirsch, Jeff Foskett, Tim Bonhamme, and Randy Leago is one hell of a band. What happened to Ike though I'm curious?

"They" may be one hell of a band to some but the bottom line still rings true-They are not the Beach Boys, not even with Staymohs.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
KDS
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 08:40:15 AM »

Sounds like a pretty good lineup, though it would be a shame if Ike is out.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »

Maybe he had a ‘set start date and a set end date’ ?  Wink
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »

What happen to Eichenberger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBRm6U77yk

Not just that...but what happened to the vocals? Especially Mike. I mean, I hear people posting how strong Mike's vocals are, and I'm like ten minutes in and he's been out of tune more than in tune, and he's hoarse on some notes to where he's almost growling.

I guess I just don't get the appeal of paying good money to see that show. It seems like many fans are more jazzed that Stamos is there and the band itself is an afterthought or something. WTF?

I'm typing this, no lie, while listening and I just heard McGrath's "DO IT! DO IT!" samples coming in like a spike through my head. Now Mike is trying to sing the bridge. Off key.

Nope, I don't get it.

Surfin USA. Another sub-par lead vocal. I think I'm done for now. Small doses.

I also saw someone mention Mike's video billboard montage is using photos or clips that have watermarks and copyrights on them. True? It is kind of disconcerting to be hit square across the face with the sounds and images of Brian, Al, and Dennis right out of the gate on Mike's montage, considering...well, all things considered. And clips of Brian leading sessions on the talkback too. What?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2018, 11:57:47 AM »

M&B should play videos of themselves on that board at this point. Mike has seriously destroyed his voice beyond belief.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »

M&B should play videos of themselves on that board at this point. Mike has seriously destroyed his voice beyond belief.

He's so damn good at destroying things, isn't he.

Here's a small list:

His voice
The Beach Boys legacy
Smile
A good deal of Brian's confidence
TWGMTR-Daybreak Over The Ocean
C-50
SIP
Unleash The luHv
Tried to trash Pet Sounds
Bringing up the Wilson's drug use
numerous failed marriages
Brian's speech at the RRHOF

Yeah, he's quite a guy, huh?

baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »

Looks like Ike left the group his Facebook page says left job with The Beach Boys. Guess Randell and Christian is a permanent change for now. Christian sang God and Vibes so guess that’s a permanent change, I do like Christian’s voice there.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjNN1Qo2S7Y

"This is a song we did on Full House...".

No mention of Dennis. Pictures of Stamos' wedding in the background. I really hate to join in on the bashing, but man, this is painful stuff. What a shitty time to be a "Beach Boys" fan.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx