gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:49:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike & Bruce 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 24179 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »

I looked for a Mike and Bruce 2018 tour thread to post this in, but it seems there isn't one.

Happy to help out.....

Link...

https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:36:18 PM »

I looked for a Mike and Bruce 2018 tour thread to post this in, but it seems there isn't one.

Happy to help out.....

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Perfect! McGrath, Staymos & luHv. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Link...

https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »

OSD! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »

Enter to win two tickets to The Beach Boys shows at Ruth Eckerd Hall! Can you name the episode of Full House where The Beach Boys were guests? Beach Boys ________. If you can guess this 5 letter word text it to 95323 and you could win two tickets to this concert!

Seriously this is a real promotion based around the 80s sitcom Full House. Love that the band’s musical output isn’t enough for this venue to promote, we gotta get Jesse and the Rippers to drum up some ticket sales. And what’s this I hear about an ostrich farm concert?

The hell is happening to this band?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:55:05 PM »

There's the legacy, ladies and gentlemen, on full display.

There are more photos of Full House than there are of The Beach Boys in that advert for a BB's concert giveaway.

If the Philadelphia Eagles had not just won the Super Bowl and yesterday paraded triumphantly through Philly with the Lombardi Trophy...I'd be even more upset.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 04:18:17 PM »

Dammit, rab..,, Grin.  Least we don’t have a twelve paragraph Filleplage(buster)...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 04:43:30 PM »

Full “House” is technically not an “80s” sitcom. It had an “airing” between 1987 “through” 1995. It had more “years” as a 90s sitcom so “technically” it should be considered a 90s “sitcom”. I wonder if there are any legal “entanglements” one could get in by classifying “this” as an 80s sitcom. Wink
_____

Guitarfool, congrats on your Eagles. They played one hell of a game.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 04:45:37 PM »

Was OSD shirtless on broad street? Grin

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »

So Brian is taken to court over Mikes likeness being shown on an album giveaway from a UK paper, yet it’s ok for Brian and other group members being used to publicise a M&B concert and contest? WTF!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:59:32 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »

Full “House” is technically not an “80s” sitcom. It had an “airing” between 1987 “through” 1995. It had more “years” as a 90s sitcom so “technically” it should be considered a 90s “sitcom”. I wonder if there are any legal “entanglements” one could get in by classifying “this” as an 80s sitcom. Wink
_____

Guitarfool, congrats on your Eagles. They played one hell of a game.

It was absolutely terrific. One of the best games of pure football I have ever seen. When a guy passes for over 500 yards and still loses the game...when a backup QB shows that much confidence and leadership on the field in the biggest game of the season...when a relatively green head coach calls a game as Pederson did...that's one helluva game.

Great post.  Grin

Full House wasn't as much a "sitcom" per se, in a legal sense, as it was an "event", and "hallmark" in "family entertainment" which sadly is all too "passe" in our modern busy "culture". Mike Love was at the forefront of bringing "family" and "Beach Boys" together for a whole generation of "new" young fans (I know several myself  Wink ), and having the esteemed Mr. John Stamos perform "Forever" as a wedding song is a throwback to a much more "innocent" time which was filled with "Love", TV dinners, and apple pie. Credit to Messrs. Love, Foskett, and Stamos for "keeping the torch lit" and continuing all the "Fun Fun Fun"! Happy Friday!  Beer

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »

So Brian is taken to court over Mikes likeness being shown on an album giveaway from a UK paper, yet it’s ok for Brian and other group members being used to publicise a M&B concert and contest? WTF!

Bingo!

But ask the "experts" and they'll tell you it was the fault of some "sloppy" work by a college intern working in the marketing/promotions department of the Ruth Eckerd Hall.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 06:17:56 PM »

Of course!

But the sloppy intern at the UK paper argument didn’t wash with Mike.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »

Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 06:42:33 PM »

Bingo!

But ask the "experts" and they'll tell you it was the fault of some "sloppy" work by a college intern working in the marketing/promotions department of the Ruth Eckerd Hall.

Congratulations! You have guessed the correct answer for the Ruth Eckerd Hall Beach Boys Concert (feat. John Stamos) two ticket giveaway! The name of the Full House episode where The Beach Boys guest starred is “Beach Boys Bingo”! Text your answer to 95323 for your chance to snag these once in a lifetime front row tickets!

JakeH
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »

I don't think it's equivalent.  My assumption is that Mike's BWPS lawsuit (merits aside) concerned what Mike perceived to be Brian and Co.'s use of the trademark/brand "Beach Boys" to promote solo, "Brian Wilson" music.  The image at issue above (assuming it is legitimate) is the promotion of current "Beach Boys" shows with pictures of... the Beach Boys.  I'd say it's all on the up-and-up, legally with respect to Beach Boys images (don't know about the others). This is what it means to license a trademark.  When Mike gets/pays for the license, he gets certain valuable things that come along with that name, including , we can assume, images of the Beach Boys of yore.  And in return, Mike is of course obligated to kick back whatever amount he's required to kick back.  This is how they want it, I wouldn't sweat it. 
KDS
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »

In all seriousness, Id love if a contest were held like this if they played near me.   If getting a front row seat when the answer is pretty much in the "puzzle," is that easy, I'm in..
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »

I don't think I want a front row seat...or any seat to Mike and Bruce again. Having been front row and center last summer, it's not entirely what it's cracked up to be. It was great being that close to the band because I could really watch them feeding off each other and that was great stuff. However, the entire night was beyond awkward with Bruce. Mike was gracious to provide his autograph on my copy of his autobiography as well as interact a great deal all night. But the worst of it, is the audience that Mike and Bruce attract literally ANYWHERE now. You can't stand up and enjoy yourself at all. They should be playing retirement homes. Not so much because of the band, but because of the people they attract anymore. The vast majority of people in attendance anymore look like they could be MIKE'S father. It's crazy. Okay...mini-rant over.

As for the contest? That's some hokey sh*t. They couldn't come up with something better to ask? And they had to slather the promotion in more Full House promotions than Beach Boys? PLUS they have the audacity to use two group shots that include Brian/Carl/Dennis (x2) Alan, and David. Yet NONE with Bruce. 'Nuff said.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »

Bingo!

Congratulations! You have guessed the correct answer for the Ruth Eckerd Hall Beach Boys Concert (feat. John Stamos) two ticket giveaway! The name of the Full House episode where The Beach Boys guest starred is “Beach Boys Bingo”! Text your answer to 95323 for your chance to snag these once in a lifetime front row tickets!

Terrific!  LOL

If I win the two tickets, I'll wear a "Brian Wilson Presents Smile" t-shirt and hat and wave a copy of the 2004 Sunday Mail giveaway CD in front of the stage bugging Mike to autograph it. I'll give the other ticket to Van Dyke Parks, who can sit in the front row and glare disapprovingly at Mike all night.

If Van Dyke can't make it to the show, I'll bring an ostrich instead.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »

I don't think it's equivalent.  My assumption is that Mike's BWPS lawsuit (merits aside) concerned what Mike perceived to be Brian and Co.'s use of the trademark/brand "Beach Boys" to promote solo, "Brian Wilson" music.  The image at issue above (assuming it is legitimate) is the promotion of current "Beach Boys" shows with pictures of... the Beach Boys.  I'd say it's all on the up-and-up, legally with respect to Beach Boys images (don't know about the others). This is what it means to license a trademark.  When Mike gets/pays for the license, he gets certain valuable things that come along with that name, including , we can assume, images of the Beach Boys of yore.  And in return, Mike is of course obligated to kick back whatever amount he's required to kick back.  This is how they want it, I wouldn't sweat it.  

Assuming it is legitimate? Dude, it's the contest promoted on the Ruth Eckerd Hall's Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/RuthEckerdHall/photos/a.169327353095227.41528.116170388410924/2023543281006949/?type=3&theater

It's also ironic to see this listing:

Details
Tue, Feb 13 at 7:30 PM @ Ruth Eckerd Hall

The unforgettable harmonies and classic sound of The Beach Boys will bring Good Vibrations back to Ruth Eckerd Hall after their sold-out performances in 2015 and 2016! Performing a career spanning range of material from their early surf rock classics to masterpieces like Wouldn’t It Be Nice and God Only Knows, to later hits including Kokomo. The Beach Boys remain legendary to their millions of fans spanning multiple generations, playing and singing with the same bold imagination and style that marked their explosive debut 50 years ago! Original members Mike Love and Bruce Johnston bring the hits in this epic one-night-only performance.

Tickets are *$150, $75, $55, and $45.
*$150 Dinner Package includes a premium seat and pre-show dinner. Artist does not appear at Dinner.

Won't be the first time Mike didn't appear at a dinner...  Wink

Epic, indeed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:08:01 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »

In all seriousness, Id love if a contest were held like this if they played near me.   If getting a front row seat when the answer is pretty much in the "puzzle," is that easy, I'm in..

I hope they have a giveaway for the ostrich festival too. Like a "Where's Waldo" puzzle where you have to find Mike and Bruce in a herd of 500 ostriches.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »

I hope they have a giveaway for the ostrich festival too. Like a "Where's Waldo" puzzle where you have to find Mike and Bruce in a herd of 500 ostriches.

What’s up with this band and livestock? Didn’t they play a revolving stage at a rodeo a few years ago? Now they’ve got an ostrich gig. Really wonderful the band name is literally being dragged through the mud.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »

What’s up with this band and livestock? Didn’t they play a revolving stage at a rodeo a few years ago? Now they’ve got an ostrich gig. Really wonderful the band name is literally being dragged through the mud.

Livestock!!!  LOL LOL LOL

There is a World Pork Expo and swine show coming up in Iowa in June, I wonder if Mike has booked a gig there too.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »

Livestock!!!  LOL LOL LOL

There is a World Pork Expo and swine show coming up in Iowa in June, I wonder if Mike has booked a gig there too.

LOL LOL LOL Will there be a deluxe version of the video of the show? What a great venue for that pork product posing as a Beach Boy.  Razz   

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:09 AM »

I hate Mike Love.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx