gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:09:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who sings what in touring groups?  (Read 2745 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2018, 11:34:32 AM »

I've been watching a lot of live clips of both Brian and Mike's bands recently. And it's lead me to wonder who sings who's parts in these respective groups? Who covers Mike's bass parts in Brian's band? Who covers Al's parts in Mike's band? And so forth...
KDS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »

I've been watching a lot of live clips of both Brian and Mike's bands recently. And it's lead me to wonder who sings who's parts in these respective groups? Who covers Mike's bass parts in Brian's band? Who covers Al's parts in Mike's band? And so forth...

I'm not certain who does Mike's bass vocals in Brian's band.   But, I know Brian and Al split Mike's lead vocals. 

As for Al's vocals in Mike's band, it depends.   John Cowsill usually handles Al's lead in California Dreamin.  He used to do Al's lead in Help Me Rhonda, but Mike has taken to singing it. 
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 12:43:06 PM »

Nicky does most bass vcls for Brian
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »

Brian has done a fair number of bass vocals himself for his band. Kiss Me, Baby and Good Vibrations come to mind.

Because BW's group has so many folks onstage, I suspect they do doubling of parts now and then, which makes breaking down the vocal stacks especially difficult.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »

Bruce sings Carl's part in the harmony stack for a number of songs.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »

I was on Fuengirola seeing Mike Band:

Mike Lead Vocals are all of Mike. (Captain Obvius Tongue)
Brian Wilson falsetto (Except Fun Fun Fun, By Bruce) is do by Jeff Foskett but in Why Do Fools Fall In Love and Wouldn't It Be Nice he shares the lead vocals with Scott who sings Ballad of Ole betsy. Bruce sings You're So Good to Me And Surfer Girl Bridge.
Carl Wilson parts in Kokomo, Darlin, Good Vibration and California Dreaming (Including Al parts) are performed by Jeff Foskett. I Can Hear Music by Brian Eichenberger , Wild Honey by John Cowsill and God Only Knows by Virtual Carl.
Al Jardine parts  in Help Me Rhonda by Mike, In Cal Dreaming by Jeff , Then I Kissed Her by Brian Eichenberger and Cotton Fields by John Cowsill
Bruce sings his parts on God Only Knows and California Dreaming besides the other songs above.
Dennis only Song Do you wanna dance is by Virtual Dennis
KDS
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »

Brian Wilson falsetto (Except Fun Fun Fun, By Bruce) is do by Jeff Foskett but in Why Do Fools Fall In Love and Wouldn't It Be Nice he shares the lead vocals with Scott who sings Ballad of Ole betsy. Bruce sings You're So Good to Me And Surfer Girl Bridge.
Carl Wilson parts in Kokomo, Darlin, Good Vibration and California Dreaming (Including Al parts) are performed by Jeff Foskett. I Can Hear Music by Brian Eichenberger , Wild Honey by John Cowsill and God Only Knows by Virtual Carl.
Al Jardine parts  in Help Me Rhonda by Mike, In Cal Dreaming by Jeff , Then I Kissed Her by Brian Eichenberger and Cotton Fields by John Cowsill
Bruce sings his parts on God Only Knows and California Dreaming besides the other songs above.

Jeff's doing both Carl and Al's parts on CA Dreamin now?  When I saw them two years ago, Cowsill did Al's part, and Jeff did Carl's.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »

Jeff's doing both Carl and Al's parts on CA Dreamin now?  When I saw them two years ago, Cowsill did Al's part, and Jeff did Carl's.
Yes, he doed the two parts.
KDS
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »

Yes, he doed the two parts.

Sounds like Cowsills getting less leads these days.   
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »

I know who sings each band member's respective lead parts, I was more curious about who sings what in the harmony stack.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx