gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:28:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What One Question Would You Ask Mike in an Interview?  (Read 9940 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 07:06:48 AM »

Why do the rest of the Tanner family never appear on stage with The Beach Boys?   After all, there were once introduced as your new ones before a spirited rendition of Barbara Ann. 

We see Uncle Jesse all the time, but no love for Danny, Joey, DJ, or Stephanie (Stephanie might actually sell some tickets these days, nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more). 
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »

What was the inspiration and process behind All I Wanna Do?
KDS
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 07:11:33 AM »

What was the inspiration and process behind All I Wanna Do?

****And please add it to every setlist going forward. 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 07:44:08 AM »

Mike, I've always wondered, and I'm sure I'm not alone... why are you universally recognized as being a TOTAL DICK???

High Five Rock! Happy Dance Transcendental Meditation w00t! w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »

To be fair, several interviewers have brought up the topic of Mike's reputation in interviews with him.

Yes, sometimes it's done in a rather softball fashion, seemingly to give Mike an easy opportunity to deflect those criticisms. I sense some articles/interviews are pitched to Mike as if "You're wrongly seen as the villain, so I want to give you an opportunity to tell us your side", which usually ends up with Mike just kind of explaining why he thinks *other* people are at fault for everything. His most common response to many questions including this one often seems to be that he's not the villains because the Wilsons did drugs?

But that Rolling Stone piece from a year or two ago finally saw an interviewer who challenged Mike on some things (such as asking why he seems so angry and litigious for someone who preaches the calming virtues of TM), and I think that interviewer was trying to, rather than simply give Mike a chance to contradict his reputation as a villain, to actually try to explain to Mike why he is seen this way. To both the interviewer's and Mike's credit, we got at least a *tiny bit* of an admission that Mike realizes he can come across like a jerk. It's still often couched in a "I'm sorry if someone else doesn't get my unique sense of humor" rather than actually just admitting he can be a dick, but at least it's something.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »

Are there any plans to develop the husband/wife pantomime detailed in the RS article, where you play-acted portrayals of the Wilsons, into a limited-run experimental theater type of project?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »

Are there any plans to develop the husband/wife pantomime detailed in the RS article, where you play-acted portrayals of the Wilsons, into a limited-run experimental theater type of project?
OSD stand-up act to warm up the crowd? Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 04:51:28 PM »

Mike - if you were lobotomized, how long before anyone would notice?
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »

Was Unleash The Love the big success you thought it would it be?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »

Mike, what are your thoughts on performing in the “lucky strike” Bowling alley parking lot in Alaska?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:13:26 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »

And why couldn't you get Top Billing?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Hey clownface, are you still into wife beating?

How come you never got a rug?

Why do you put paint on your face?

Do you still pour oil all over your body?

How do you make your singing voice sound like you're holding your nose?

Do you also bleat when you sneeze?

How often do you get botox injections?

During the 50th anniversary shows, did it piss you off that Brian got a much larger round of cheers than you did?

Has anyone thrown lettuce or tomatoes at you while on stage.

Do you still think you're better looking than Dennis?

Would you sue someone who threw a pie in your face? Two pies?

Have you gotten a flu shot?

Does Br00th brown nose the living hell out of you?

Do you listen to Unleash the Love every chance you get?

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »

I'm not sure if this counts, but here's the band lip syncing Little St Nick at the National Christmas Tree Lighting

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/national-christmas-tree-lighting/videos/the-beach-boys-perform-little-saint-nick-the-national-christmas-tree-lighting

On a side note, Mike has said that he invited Brian and Al to perform with The Beach Boys for this event. If they said yes (assuming Mike actually asked), would they have done a horrible autotuned lip sync? Would they have mimed to the same track that Mike was going to and ended up using?

I'm sure that's one of many reasons Brian and Al would turn down such an offer. It would have been beyond insane to waste another reunion on a low-profile, lip-sync (to an over-autotuned Mike solo recording) job, at a b-list event on a b-list cable network, at an event presided over by an unhappy, unpopular politician.

As I said in another post, imagine the Beatles reuniting in 1976 and choosing to lip-sync to a Lennon solo re-recording of "I Want to Hold Your Hand", and doing it on a local TV station.

I sense that, in general, Brian and Al may well not appreciate being "invited" for a one-shot deal to play in their OWN band.

I did not want to start a discussion of this on the pro shot concert thread however if the invite did happen Mike has now got the perfect answer for many interviews this year...

Q: Have you been in contact with Brian Wilson?
A: Well I tried to get him and Al to join us at Christmas for a show, but they turned us down.

Well played Mike. Bravo!  (Slow hand clap)

Roll Eyes
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 01:34:36 PM »

My one question for Dr. Love: if Carl was still alive, would the group still be together?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

My one question for Dr. Love: if Carl was still alive, would the group still be together?
I think a better question would be, "If Carl were still alive, would you still be behaving in the manner that you have in recent years, insulting Brian and Al in interviews, insulting Brian's wife in interviews, attacking Brian for using auto tune in his recordings, etc?" . I'm really starting to wonder if Mike feels he can be more "free" to say whatever he wants to, now that the blue that held the group together is gone now.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »

I think a better question would be, "If Carl were still alive, would you still be behaving in the manner that you have in recent years, insulting Brian and Al in interviews, insulting Brian's wife in interviews, attacking Brian for using auto tune in his recordings, etc?" . I'm really starting to wonder if Mike feels he can be more "free" to say whatever he wants to, now that the glue that held the group together is gone now.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »

I think a better question would be, "If Carl were still alive, would you still be behaving in the manner that you have in recent years, insulting Brian and Al in interviews, insulting Brian's wife in interviews, attacking Brian for using auto tune in his recordings, etc?" . I'm really starting to wonder if Mike feels he can be more "free" to say whatever he wants to, now that the blue that held the group together is gone now.

Good one

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2018, 08:56:27 AM »

Mike, I've always wondered, and I'm sure I'm not alone... why are you universally recognized as being a TOTAL DICK???

High Five Rock! Happy Dance Transcendental Meditation w00t! w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up

Mike: Because I just wasn't made for these times

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »

I think a better question would be, "If Carl were still alive, would you still be behaving in the manner that you have in recent years, insulting Brian and Al in interviews, insulting Brian's wife in interviews, attacking Brian for using auto tune in his recordings, etc?" . I'm really starting to wonder if Mike feels he can be more "free" to say whatever he wants to, now that the glue that held the group together is gone now.
Carl's not around to give him the "stink eye" when he says something stupid.
Forrest Gump
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »

Just how big was that log you laid anyway?
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »

I believe it was an eyewatering 14 inches in the Todd Gold book.

A more modest 10 inches in the more recent autobiography.

In Mike's book, the turd was not mentioned, though some believe Mike's book was the turd in some strange trans-substantiation way.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »

I believe it was an eyewatering 14 inches in the Todd Gold book.

A more modest 10 inches in the more recent autobiography.

In Mike's book, the turd was not mentioned, though some believe Mike's book was the turd in some strange trans-substantiation way.

Or, stumbling upon real proof that a good percentage of myKe luHv is, in fact, made up of large turds.  Roll Eyes

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2018, 07:08:48 PM »

Shawn’s mom. Yes? No? Protection?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:24:43 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2018, 05:40:33 AM »

When will we get to hear your abandoned/lost masterpiece, Masterpiece?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx