gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:48:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love in New Issue of Mojo - "I'm always blamed! It's horsesh*t!"  (Read 28938 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2018, 10:09:25 AM »

Another bit of logic to consider.

Let's assume this June email exists and was the deciding factor or the go-ahead in Mike booking shows for his own band after C50, for the sake of discussion.

Wouldn't that dismiss the notion of a "set end date" in some way?

As in, if as had been reported there was a set end point which everyone knew about going into the C50 tour, Mike could have been booking shows *for* any time after that end date of C50, *at* any time. Mike would not have needed an email from Melinda Wilson in June to confirm a set end date where he could start booking his own shows if such a set end date was already firmly established from the beginning, as has been suggested often.

Exactly! Either the email or the "set end date"but not both, because they're contradictory.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2018, 01:20:10 PM »

Another bit of logic to consider.

Let's assume this June email exists and was the deciding factor or the go-ahead in Mike booking shows for his own band after C50, for the sake of discussion.

Wouldn't that dismiss the notion of a "set end date" in some way?

As in, if as had been reported there was a set end point which everyone knew about going into the C50 tour, Mike could have been booking shows *for* any time after that end date of C50, *at* any time. Mike would not have needed an email from Melinda Wilson in June to confirm a set end date where he could start booking his own shows if such a set end date was already firmly established from the beginning, as has been suggested often.

Exactly! Either the email or the "set end date"but not both, because they're contradictory.

Yes, I'm loving this thread because it's cut quite a few heads off the seven-headed snake that is how self-serving people twist and "edit" words to suit their purposes.  If this person and his defenders could just let go of the end of 2012, I think all of us wouldn't be giving it a thought. Like Brian (look at his own successful tours w/o the BB's brand before and since), most of us have moved on.

The same with constant comments about some bad periods for various Wilsons (Carl now, eh?).  Why is this an issue decades later? I think if a person still needs to project such issues onto others, they should start looking inward.  You'd think decades of meditation would have handled that.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »

Mojo mentions "Mike Love Gets Angry".  LOL But he's always angry. Will this be a "pre-meditation" interview or will he just be his usual annoying self exclaiming loudly that I did this, I did that, or that was me along with the ever enticing Roll Eyes tape loop Beatles story? Readers beware of SOS.

I respect your opinion about Mike. But to say he is always angry true at all!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »

Mojo mentions "Mike Love Gets Angry".  LOL But he's always angry. Will this be a "pre-meditation" interview or will he just be his usual annoying self exclaiming loudly that I did this, I did that, or that was me along with the ever enticing Roll Eyes tape loop Beatles story? Readers beware of SOS.

He possesses a massive chip on his shoulder when he should be thanking his lucky stars he was Brian's cousin. If you'll note he has stated on many occasions that TM helps keep his anger in check which I thin is complete bullshit. Read the interviews. Look at the HOF speech. There's your angry myKe luHv.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2018, 10:40:39 PM »

He possesses a massive chip on his shoulder when he should be thanking his lucky stars he was Brian's cousin. If you'll note he has stated on many occasions that TM helps keep his anger in check which I thin is complete bullshit. Read the interviews. Look at the HOF speech. There's your angry myKe luHv.  Roll Eyes

Yes, and even when he's happy and laughing, he's usuallly laughing at someone elses expense.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx