gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:49:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys singles  (Read 4758 times)
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »

This is a thread to discuss anything pertaining to Beach Boys singles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys_discography#Singles

I had an extensive vinyl collection passed down to me, but I mostly grew up on CDs. Also, my vinyl collection consisted almost entirely of LPs. So, I'm curious to hear any thoughts, observations, or memories that fans have of the Beach Boys singles. How often did you flip over the 45 and listen to the B-side? Generally speaking, were B-sides largely ignored in the 60s? the 70s? Do you have a favorite single? Is Wouldn't It Be Nice/God Only Knows the greatest single ever? In hindsight, what should the Beach Boys have done differently, if anything?  And so on...

The Beach Boys certainly weren't consistent in their approach. I think it's cool, and rather amazing, that immediately following Surfin'/Luau the Beach Boys start releasing what are essentially double A-side concept singles with Surfin' Safari/409, Surfin' USA/Shut Down, and Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe. Then, as they drop the surf/car concept, the quality remains high on both sides (many of the B-sides chart and are fan favorites to this day). Meanwhile, many B-sides throughout the mid-late 60s cease being contemporary releases and are instead pulled from previous albums. I'm not sure how anyone could hold a favorable opinion of this practice. Then, later on they get really confused and just start releasing Susie Cincinnatti over and over Grin. In all seriousness, I have competing views in what I appreciate in singles. On one hand, I appreciate the quality of both sides. The 'double A-side' approach. On the other, I appreciate that the B-side is a perfect place to release those odd gems that may not otherwise find a home on an album and certainly not an A-side. Either way, the less re-releasing of songs (particularly the same mix!) and the greater continuity between sides, the better. By continuity, I mean, Surfin'/Luau work better together than Barbara Ann/Girl Don't Tell Me. Those Party! songs should not have been paired with non-Party! productions. Then, there's Caroline No and Gettin' Hungry being released as solo singles and Beach Boys album tracks, which defies logic. How cool is it that they released "You're Welcome" as a B-side? A little glimpse into Smile at a time when the music was almost entirely a mystery. The Break Away/Celebrate The News single was a great non-album release for the fans and while I always considered it a deep cut, Break Away did get some pretty serious exposure when it was included on Spirit Of America. Then, there's the Beach Boys lone EP, 'Four By The Beach Boys'. Typical of the times it was just a collection of previously released album tracks (awesome as the were). I wish the Beach Boys experimented more with that format. I guess it wasn't popular enough in the US? It's cool that they released 'Mount Vernon and Fairway' as a bonus EP with Holland. When Brian and the Beach Boys started to struggle putting together full length albums, why not simply focus on the shorter EP format. I understand that that's just not how it was and if they weren't selling at the time, they weren't selling, but still, I think about it. Some of the Sunflower 'contender' songs weren't released for many years, if at all, what would it have hurt to release an EP? I'd much prefer a Still Cruisin' EP than that ridiculous compilation masquerading as a studio album. Lately, I've been thinking about Smile. When it became clear that an LP was never going to be completed, why not narrow your focus to an EP? I realize that Brian was having serious trouble just completing Heroes and Villains, but I can't help think about how the Beatles would be experimenting with format by releasing a double-EP of new material in 1967. Does anyone think a Smile EP would have gone unnoticed? I realize that I've wandered entirely into 'what if' scenarios that some posters hate, but still, I can't help thinking about it.

So, any thoughts on the Beach Boys singles? Like why the f*ck were they re-releasing Here Today as the B-side to Darlin'? Did they think It's OK might catch on again like Come Go With Me had? Re-releasing that was another bizarre move. It's not like they didn't have unreleased material they could have used instead.

Edit: Cool, Cool Water never sounded like an A-side to me. I like it a lot, but I'm not surprised that it failed to chart. Alternatively, Slip On Through sounds far more radio friendly, but I could be wrong. I wasn't around.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:33:18 PM by B.E. » Logged

Every wave is new until it breaks.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »

For whatever reason, they had a number of singles where a new a-side was paired with an old b-side taken from a previous album.

I haven't a clue as to whether this edict came from Capitol or the group (or both).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:21:26 AM »

From what I've read, a Smile EP probably would not have worked.  EP's had died out in the US around 1963/1964.  Elvis had released a couple of EP's for movies when there wasn't enough songs for a full LP, but they didn't sell that well (not to mention the quality of the songs themselves).  (NOTE: EP's were Tickle Me in 1965 and Easy Come, Easy Go in 1967).

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

Despite being one of the all time great singles (and albums) bands ever, they made some really questionable choices. I know it was 1962 and only their 2nd Capitol single, but Ten Little Indians as an A-Side? Seriously? Even an unreleased track like Land Ahoy would have made a better choice.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »

Even 2012's Isn't It Time was kind of a lame choice for a single to be honest, Shelter or preferably From There and Back Again/Pacific Coast Highway/Summer's Gone as a Vinyl EP would have been pretty cool though.
KDS
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 05:45:09 AM »

Even 2012's Isn't It Time was kind of a lame choice for a single to be honest, Shelter or preferably From There and Back Again/Pacific Coast Highway/Summer's Gone as a Vinyl EP would have been pretty cool though.

I think Isn't It Time was chosen because it features leads from Brian, Mike, and Al.  Just a theory. 

Although, I think the timing was bad, releasing it at the end of the reunion.   Reminiscent of releasing It's OK as a single in October 1976
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 07:08:59 AM »

By the time "Isn't It Time" was being revamped to be released as a single, the whole reunion thing was more or less dead. I think some of the guys (e.g. Al) were hoping against hope that something could be worked out.

But the whole thing wasn't running on all cylinders. Numerous songs from TWGMTR should have been shopped around for use in movies, movie trailers, etc. "Spring Vacation", that sort of stuff.

The BBs were never going to do well with a single in 2012. What they needed to do was have a strong critical and commercial performance for an *album*, which they did with generally solid reviews and a *very good* #3 debut on the album charts.

My guess would be part of the selection of "Isn't It Time" was a concession to Mike to use one of the songs he had a co-writing credit on.

The song wasn't A-grade material to begin with; and their weird monkeying with the track by partially re-recording it didn't really help. Maybe they were trying to remove a non-BB from part of the lead by having Mike replace Foskett's part, I dunno.

There was an instrumental mix of "Isn't It Time" that made it out with the single that was so obscure that I didn't even hear about it existing at the time. Not that the backing track to "Isn't It Time" is mind-blowing or anything, but it's one of the more obscure, rare BB "b-sides" so to speak.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 07:15:40 AM »

By the time "Isn't It Time" was being revamped to be released as a single, the whole reunion thing was more or less dead. I think some of the guys (e.g. Al) were hoping against hope that something could be worked out.

But the whole thing wasn't running on all cylinders. Numerous songs from TWGMTR should have been shopped around for use in movies, movie trailers, etc. "Spring Vacation", that sort of stuff.

The BBs were never going to do well with a single in 2012. What they needed to do was have a strong critical and commercial performance for an *album*, which they did with generally solid reviews and a *very good* #3 debut on the album charts.

My guess would be part of the selection of "Isn't It Time" was a concession to Mike to use one of the songs he had a co-writing credit on.

The song wasn't A-grade material to begin with; and their weird monkeying with the track by partially re-recording it didn't really help. Maybe they were trying to remove a non-BB from part of the lead by having Mike replace Foskett's part, I dunno.

There was an instrumental mix of "Isn't It Time" that made it out with the single that was so obscure that I didn't even hear about it existing at the time. Not that the backing track to "Isn't It Time" is mind-blowing or anything, but it's one of the more obscure, rare BB "b-sides" so to speak.

Odd that they would release an instrumental version of the song with probably the most sparse backing track of any on TWGMTR. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 07:18:37 AM »

I'm guessing they needed some sort of "new" b-side for the "Isn't It Time" single, and the quickest, laziest thing to do is simply mix out the vocals and put out an "instrumental mix." They had already done this for the title track's single as well.

KDS
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 07:22:57 AM »

I'm guessing they needed some sort of "new" b-side for the "Isn't It Time" single, and the quickest, laziest thing to do is simply mix out the vocals and put out an "instrumental mix." They had already done this for the title track's single as well.

At least they didn't tack on a decades old song. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »

For the CORE Beach Boys 'target'  ...  singles were overtaken, in terms of sales, by L.P.s in the vicinity of 1978.  It was in and around THAT time-frame when FM radio caught and passed AM top 40 in the ratings.  In other words kiddie sh*t was toast and more serious  music for young adults/adults became the main focus.  Also in North America...E.P.s were never really a 'thing'.  In the UK?  Yes.  In N. America.  Not really at all.

Beach Boys singles didn't always 'reflect' backwards...and when both sides came from the same album they often enjoyed double sided hit status...Surfin' Safari/409, Surfin' USA/Shutdown, Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe.  [I Get Around/Don't Worry Baby went back an album for the 'other' side but Don't Worry Baby was just too GREAT a song to leave behind.  Same with Be True to Your School which wasn't even an L.P. track.  In My Room was too fantastic to just let slide back in the wake of the good ship Beach Boys.  They tried it again with Dance Dance Dance and Warmth of the Sun but Dance Dance Dance didn't sell as well and exposure for that GREAT 'B' side was, therefore, limited.]

By 1966 they had it figured out again...ie:  STAY CURRENT...Hence Wouldn't It Be Nice/God Only Knows.  But then things began to fall apart.  Good Vibrations was to have been included on Pet Sounds but it all worked out poorly timing wise and it ended up sitting off on its own and would subsequently be incorporated into the SMiLE project...after the fact.  Neither it nor Heroes and Villains fit on Smiley Smile.  Smiley Smile was kind of the Beach Boys sliced and diced version of Yesterday and Today...ie:  unaccounted for releases looking for an album to call home...coupled with other less worthy songs needing a vehicle in order to breathe a little oxygen in order to see the light of day.

By the time they released Friends/Little Bird, Bluebirds Over the Mountain/Never Learn Not To Love, and special non album singles like Breakaway/Celebrate the News and going forward... ... ...the band's successful recording career which included both singles [often enough double sided hits] and albums was, at least by comparison, toast.

Singles bought me into the fold...Especially Surfin' USA/Shutdown, Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe, Be True to Your School and particularly In My Room.  But Albums...beginning with the entirely excellent Little Deuce Coupe, Shut Down II, All Summer Long, Summer Days and Pet Sounds grabbed me for life.

So?  Beach Boys singles were first rate/top of the line A Party hors d'oeuvres.  Their albums were the actual meal.  [by and large until the end of 1973...plus [for the most part TWGMTR]
---------------------------------------------------------

In terms of singles...I always listened to BOTH sides...no matter who the artist was.  Most of the time I also enjoyed the other side...occasionally better than the A side.  HEY!!!  I paid for both sides.  Sometime the 2 sides would encourage me to go get the album.  I was 'into' albums a bakers dozen years before albums overtook 45's.  Albums gave you way more for your money.  Oldies stations should ALWAYS consider playing the B side of any top 10 hit.  At least 40% of their audience know those B sides inside, out and backwards.  Their best friends, from back in the day, all know them too as they played the B sides when they got together to listen to records.  Do oldies stations do THAT...like play the B side every 4th time the song rotates through their computer's programming system?  No.  Why?  They only know what they can SEE...ie: charts.  Most programmers are too young to even know the 'product'...let alone anything which might 'smack' of nuance.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:09:05 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »

What I don’t get, wasn’t there a huge list of songs that were compiled (and possibly recorded) for the TWGMTR sessions? They probably would’ve sold a plethora more copies of the “Isn’t It Time” single had they tacked on an unreleased track from the sessions.

I also remember an EP for TWGMTR, it had the “Isn’t It Time” single mix with 3 live tracks from the tour. I remember the version of ‘Sail on Sailor’ sounding pretty good.

*I say “plethora more” but perhaps I’m overestimating how big the hardcore fan community is.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:50:22 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KDS
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 07:05:28 AM »

What I don’t get, wasn’t there a huge list of songs that were compiled (and possibly recorded) for the TWGMTR sessions? They probably would’ve sold a plethora more copies of the “Isn’t It Time” single had they tacked on an unreleased track from the sessions.

I also remember an EP for TWGMTR, it had the “Isn’t It Time” single mix with 3 live tracks from the tour. I remember the version of ‘Sail on Sailor’ sounding pretty good.

*I say “plethora more” but perhaps I’m overestimating how big the hardcore fan community is.

I think there were a lot of songs brought to the table, but I'm not sure how many more were actually recorded.  I know Al's Waves of Love was shot down.  And there's one that you can briefly hear during the Doin it Again documentary.  I can't recall the name of it though. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 07:17:33 AM »

I believe there were quite a few songs tracked to varying degrees during the TWGMTR sessions. I would imagine the songs not included on the album were in various states of completion. I believe the song heard during the "Doin' It Again" doc is called "I'd Go Anywhere". There was also apparently a good deal of work on Bruce's (weird, inexplicable) remake of "She Believes In Love Again", with Foskett singing the Carl parts.

Keep in mind that a number of backing tracks were recorded by Brian and Joe Thomas before the BBs even entered the picture, including several tracks in Nashville with session musicians including the excellent Chad Cromwell on drums (the title track as well as "Spring Vacation" and "Strange World" come from those sessions). I'd guess there are some backing tracks that were earmarked for the BBs that were never finished.

A Rolling Stone article in 2012 (I believe the Jason Fine piece) mentioned 28 songs having been written and recorded for the album.

KDS
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 07:20:21 AM »

I believe there were quite a few songs tracked to varying degrees during the TWGMTR sessions. I would imagine the songs not included on the album were in various states of completion. I believe the song heard during the "Doin' It Again" doc is called "I'd Go Anywhere". There was also apparently a good deal of work on Bruce's (weird, inexplicable) remake of "She Believes In Love Again", with Foskett singing the Carl parts.

Keep in mind that a number of backing tracks were recorded by Brian and Joe Thomas before the BBs even entered the picture, including several tracks in Nashville with session musicians including the excellent Chad Cromwell on drums (the title track as well as "Spring Vacation" and "Strange World" come from those sessions). I'd guess there are some backing tracks that were earmarked for the BBs that were never finished.

A Rolling Stone article in 2012 (I believe the Jason Fine piece) mentioned 28 songs having been written and recorded for the album.

Maybe an expanded version will be released in 2062. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:22 AM »

LOL this made my day. I’m grateful for the copyright extension releases, but it really is ridiculous to think that we may end up waiting until 2042 to get some obscure SIP outtakes. 

@HeyJude, thanks for the info on those sessions.

I remember the talk of the ‘She Believes In Love Again’ remake - I’m kinda curious what that actually sounded like. I think it fits perfectly on BW85 and can’t imagine it being remade to fit another era. It’s like that remake of ‘Please Let Me Wonder’ Mike and Bruce worked on - some songs just don’t need to be reimagined at all. But I’d still be curious to know how they re-worked it.

I would love to hear some of those Nashville sessions. One thing I was never sure of (or that I forgot): did they take those unused tracks and use them for the NPP sessions?...given all the talk about how NPP was supposed to be the next Beach Boys album (or something like that).

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KDS
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 07:38:28 AM »

LOL this made my day. I’m grateful for the copyright extension releases, but it really is ridiculous to think that we may end up waiting until 2042 to get some obscure SIP outtakes. 

@HeyJude, thanks for the info on those sessions.

I remember the talk of the ‘She Believes In Love Again’ remake - I’m kinda curious what that actually sounded like. I think it fits perfectly on BW85 and can’t imagine it being remade to fit another era. It’s like that remake of ‘Please Let Me Wonder’ Mike and Bruce worked on - some songs just don’t need to be reimagined at all. But I’d still be curious to know how they re-worked it.

I would love to hear some of those Nashville sessions. One thing I was never sure of (or that I forgot): did they take those unused tracks and use them for the NPP sessions?...given all the talk about how NPP was supposed to be the next Beach Boys album (or something like that).

I'm glad they elected to leave off She Believes in Love Again Again '12.   I think the last thing a new BB album in 2012 needed was a remake of a rather obscure song from 1985. 

HJ probably has more information than me, but I believe Brian and Joe Thomas wrote a boatload of songs for the Imagination sessions in 1997-8, and several of those wound up on TWGMTR (ie. the abbreviated Life Suite) and NPP
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »

Yeah, I just wasn’t sure if those earmarked for a second Beach Boys reunion album were used on NPP instead.

I do hope they release some session stuff, bonus tracks for TWGMTR in a future box set or something. Looking back, I think a lot of that material blew away everyone’s expectations. It was a really well-rounded album.

KDS
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 07:57:55 AM »

Yeah, I just wasn’t sure if those earmarked for a second Beach Boys reunion album were used on NPP instead.

I do hope they release some session stuff, bonus tracks for TWGMTR in a future box set or something. Looking back, I think a lot of that material blew away everyone’s expectations. It was a really well-rounded album.

Yeah, that's far and away my favorite post Holland BB album. 

Unfortunately, considering we couldn't even get a decent live release from that tour, I wouldn't expect a lot of session work to come out the reunion, at least not any time soon.  I was hoping they might tack it onto MiC as a way to bookend the BB studio career, but we only got the alternate version of Isn't It Time.

If anything, I'd like to see the full Life Suite released at some point. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 08:04:52 AM »

Unfortunately, considering we couldn't even get a decent live release from that tour, I wouldn't expect a lot of session work to come out the reunion, at least not any time soon.  I was hoping they might tack it onto MiC as a way to bookend the BB studio career, but we only got the alternate version of Isn't It Time.

Agreed on all points. I think that’s the only way MiC disappointed me because I was expecting the same (still my favorite boxset career comp though).

KDS
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 08:07:14 AM »

Agreed on all points. I think that’s the only way MiC disappointed me because I was expecting the same (still my favorite boxset career comp though).

I found MiC disappointing because of the cost and the fact that so much of the set was already released material.   Granted, it was a nice retrospective.   But, it almost felt a bit like the label felt they had one more change to gouge the hardcore fan base. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 08:13:15 AM »

I found MiC disappointing because of the cost and the fact that so much of the set was already released material.   Granted, it was a nice retrospective.   But, it almost felt a bit like the label felt they had one more change to gouge the hardcore fan base. 

I think Alan Boyd or Mark Linett spoke about it soon after the release, they explained that each track was meticulously re-mastered (can’t remember the specifics) but if you bought the CDs you were getting the best quality possible for every track. So partly it was a step above any other retrospective in that regard.

I will never forget waiting patiently for the UPS guy to arrive, and I went straight to the disc with WIBNTLA and played that. The price of admission for that alone was worth it, let alone all the Sunflower goodies on the bonus disc.

For an updated retrospective it was really well done (though I would’ve done something different for the packaging/book).

KDS
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »

I think Alan Boyd or Mark Linett spoke about it soon after the release, they explained that each track was meticulously re-mastered (can’t remember the specifics) but if you bought the CDs you were getting the best quality possible for every track. So partly it was a step above any other retrospective in that regard.

I will never forget waiting patiently for the UPS guy to arrive, and I went straight to the disc with WIBNTLA and played that. The price of admission for that alone was worth it, let alone all the Sunflower goodies on the bonus disc.

For an updated retrospective it was really well done (though I would’ve done something different for the packaging/book).

Maybe the remastering is great, but I'm not really an audiophile, so to me, the already released songs didn't sound any better than the CDs I already have.   And the big chuck of Smile stuff just two years about the release of The Smile Sessions seemed especially unnecessary. 

It was great to get WIBNTLA and all of the unreleased songs from the Sunflower era, and the live material was really good too, but with so much still remaining on the cutting room floor, I think they could've devoted less disc space to already released material and included more rarities. 

After all, such a pricey boxset isn't exactly aimed at casual fans, it's more for long time fans who have bought everything, sometimes many times over. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 01:42:29 PM »

The deal with MIC is that Capitol was never going to greenlight a FIVE disc set full of nothing but outtakes. So they were basically doing a bit of a Trojan horse routine of putting out essentially a revamped '93 "Good Vibrations" boxed set, but with almost all new outtakes/unreleased material. That was the *only* way that unreleased stuff was going to get out at that time in that format.

A nice "casual fan" coffee-table book-style CD set with all the great hits, etc. wasn't a bad idea either, but as I recall Capitol dropped the ball on promoting the set. It was postponed, got a lousy release date, and wasn't pushed very hard.

Hopefully, with new leadership at BRI, we're in a different phase now where we can get stuff like "Sunshine Tomorrow" on a more regular basis.

But back to MIC. In terms of sound quality, I believe they used stereo mixes as much as possible (meaning a lot of latter-day stereo mixes), as this was seen as a release targeted in part to casual fans. If you already had the most recent reissues of all of the albums, I don't think *those* tracks sounded any better on MIC, and in some cases I think they're even labeled as remixes from such-and-such year.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx