gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:09:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 30 Years Ago today...  (Read 16232 times)
KDS
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »

I've long thought it would be a no-brainer to just hand H&V to Al to sing; he has always sounded great on that one.

I've always thought of H&V as one of the songs Brian had sung great on, but I would be thrilled to hear Al sing it again.
Maybe Brian could still sing the "Cantina" section.

Brian at times struggles with the really "wordy" songs, which like HJ says, is likely why Busy Doin Nothin was dropped after the first leg of the NPP Tour. 

Al used to do a great job with H&V with The Beach Boys, so it seems logical to have him take that one again.  For that matter, I'm not sure why Al handed WIBN over to Matt. 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2018, 09:43:20 AM »

I've long thought it would be a no-brainer to just hand H&V to Al to sing; he has always sounded great on that one.

I've always thought of H&V as one of the songs Brian had sung great on, but I would be thrilled to hear Al sing it again.

Brian at times struggles with the really "wordy" songs, which like HJ says, is likely why Busy Doin Nothin was dropped after the first leg of the NPP Tour. 

Al used to do a great job with H&V with The Beach Boys, so it seems logical to have him take that one again.  For that matter, I'm not sure why Al handed WIBN over to Matt. 
Have you ever been in a band? I mean a band that plays many dates with not much time in between? I was lucky enough to be in one and this may help to explain why leads and songs are switched from time to time. One can get more than weary singing the same songs night after night, gig after gig. One of the best ways to fight boredom is to move things around. I did this for 20 some years and believe me, sometimes even doing that sometimes didn't do the trick. It could be called group therapy. We also dropped songs and added others just to stay clear of getting in a rut which is very easy to do. I think the same thing goes for any band including Brian's incredible group.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
KDS
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »

Have you ever been in a band? I mean a band that plays many dates with not much time in between? I was lucky enough to be in one and this may help to explain why leads and songs are switched from time to time. One can get more than weary singing the same songs night after night, gig after gig. One of the best ways to fight boredom is to move things around. I did this for 20 some years and believe me, sometimes even doing that sometimes didn't do the trick. It could be called group therapy. We also dropped songs and added others just to stay clear of getting in a rut which is very easy to do. I think the same thing goes for any band including Brian's incredible group.

Can't say that I have.   But, if I could do it all over again, I'd have learned to play guitar at a younger age. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx