gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:38:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl and Kowalski  (Read 8034 times)
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »

I agree that many of his ideas have not been successful and agree even laughable.  He's had some swings and misses for sure. I think doing those side gigs with his Endless Summer Beach Band and Dean at the same time collecting a BB check was pretty shrewd. The Be true to your Bud and Xmas special are awful but got him $$. Also, edging out your band members and getting your production company to finance the group tour also shrewd.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »

And yet another interesting thread descends into "Let's all sh*t on Mike love because...why the hell not?". All this Mike hatred is turning into a sick obsession.

Already five posts today about Mike.  There's a lot of irony in saying good on Brian and Al for moving on.   

Tough sh*t, Kid. It's an open forum.
Mod skills 101, ladies and gentlemen.

That wasn't really necessary

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »

And yet another interesting thread descends into "Let's all sh*t on Mike love because...why the hell not?". All this Mike hatred is turning into a sick obsession.

In this case it is indeed warranted.  GF wasn't the one who brought up Mike in the first place!

For the record, although I disagree with the shrewd businessman comment, I agree with the rest of Tpesky's post

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 08:28:34 PM »

Already five posts today about Mike.  There's a lot of irony in saying good on Brian and Al for moving on.   

You're right, and I apologize for it. It wasn't directed at me, so I shouldn't have said anything.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »

I agree that many of his ideas have not been successful and agree even laughable.  He's had some swings and misses for sure. I think doing those side gigs with his Endless Summer Beach Band and Dean at the same time collecting a BB check was pretty shrewd. The Be true to your Bud and Xmas special are awful but got him $$. Also, edging out your band members and getting your production company to finance the group tour also shrewd.

You call it shrewd.  I call it him acting like an asshole

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »

In this case it is indeed warranted.  GF wasn't the one who brought up Mike in the first place!

For the record, although I disagree with the shrewd businessman comment, I agree with the rest of Tpesky's post
I actually wasn't just referring to GF, although I see how he took it that way as I posted right after he did.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »

Yeah it's the downside to Internet communications  in that original intent is sometimes hard to decipher.  I know you've grown weary of the Brian vs Mike thing (as have i, hell you and I have talked about this off the board many times over the past decade ) and how everything in the Beach Boys world comes down to that...but it comes down to that for a reason. We got one guy who can be a bully and has a nasty habit of saying/doing things at the wrong time,  and when that fact is questioned  (or the behavior is excused or even praised) these who despise bullies like myself can't help but speak up. So regardless of who brings it up first it will inevitably start the same fighting and sniping it always has. Just like when people bring up politics.

The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »

You're right, and I apologize for it. It wasn't directed at me, so I shouldn't have said anything.

Er, ah; ya might want to back off on the apologies.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »

Er, ah; ya might want to back off on the apologies.

What do you mean?

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx