gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:33:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sessions 64' EP  (Read 1471 times)
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:28:19 AM »

I recently ordered the Sessions 64' EP that was issued for Record Store Day back in 2014. I finally had a chance to listen to it and I love it. We finally have a Stereo Mix for He's a Doll as well as some other goodies such as the Backing Tracks to I Do and Go Away Boy. Thanks to Mark Linett for a fine mixing job also. Anyway does anyone on here know who played what for the songs No Go Show Boat,I Do and He's a Doll? I know it's the Wrecking Crew but do any of the boys play along side them?    Smiley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »

Not sure who played on The Timers' version of "No Go Showboart", but I can tell  you it was recorded at RCA on October 11, 1963 (prior to the release of The Beach Boys' version on Little Deuce Coupe), and that Brian contributed backing vocals.

The track for what became The Castell's version of "I Do" was cut at RCA on November 7, 1963, with Milt Norman, Bill Pitman, and Tommy Tedesco on guitars, Ray Pohlman on Fender bass, Howard Roberts on 6-string Dano bass, Jimmy Bond on upright bass, Leon Russell and Al de Lory on keyboards, Hal Blaine on drums, Frank Capp on percussion, Steve Douglas and Plas Johnson on tenor sax, and Jay Migliori on bari sax.

The track for "He's A Doll" was cut at Gold Star on February 17, 1964, with Bill Pitman, Joe Gibbons, and Ervan "Bud" Coleman on guitars, Ray Pohlman on Fender bass, Jimmy Bond on upright bass, Leon Russell, Al de Lory, and Larry Knechtel on keyboards, Hal Blaine on drums, Gene Estes on percussion, Steve Douglas and Plas Johnson on tenor sax, and Jay Migliori on bari sax.

Ervan "Bud" Coleman wrote "Tijuana Taxi" for Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Plas Johnson's most famous recording is probably the Henry Mancini-composed "Pink Panther" theme.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:41:15 PM by c-man » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx